(Belfast) Lions ready to roar under coach Richards' guidance

Posted by: MBR on Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 8:49 am
BELFAST (Sep 2): Entering his first full season at the helm of the football program at Belfast Area High School, Butch Richards is hoping for a turnaround from last year. Richards was co-head coach with Butch Arthers for many years before Richards officially took over the reins of the squad in the off-season. For Full Story: Click Here
Posted by: bellion63 on Tue Sep 2nd, 2008 2:21 pm
BELFAST HAS A VERY TOUGH SLATE OF GAME THIS SEASON, AND UNFORTUNATLY IT LOOKS LIKE THEIR RUN OF 14 STRAIGHT PLAYOFF APPERANCES WILL COME TO AN END. AS SOMEONE WHO HAS FOLLOWED THE TEAM FOR MANY YEARS I DARE SAY THEY MAY GO WINLESS. THE FIRST TEAM GOT MANHANDLED BY FOXCROFT AND THEY ONLY GOT IN THE ENDZONE ONCE VS. ROCKLAND IN THIER SCRIMMAGE. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, BEST OF LUCK TO THE PLAYERS THIS SEASON!!
Posted by: Belfast Lions on Wed Sep 3rd, 2008 9:56 am
Maybe you should wait until the first "real" games start before you make such a negative assessment..or better yet why even make one at all...You know what opinions are like....
Posted by: FA_Football34 on Thu Sep 4th, 2008 2:46 pm
I didn't go to the exhibition game between Belfast and Foxcroft but I heard during Belfast's first drive they drove it right down field and put it in and a lot of my friends that were watching said they were afraid it would be a blow out in Belfasts favor. Although they in fact got blown out it at least shows they have potential in my opinion and they just need to put things together. They always have a lot of talent they just need to click.