on Thu Sep 18th, 2008 10:20 am
The Rays pitching overall is as good as it gets....still some ?? on Percival's status, but they have some great arms on that staff. Throw Price in the mix next season, and look out !!SFB
on Thu Sep 18th, 2008 6:59 pm
Honest question X, and I promise not to laugh at the answer=after you smoked them the first game did you figure you'd stay in first the rest of the way while TB slid into the WC ? Not that it still can't or won't happen
I think X was more worried of the Wild Card slipping away from the Sox as they slid into first place.
Posted by: stonemitt on Thu Sep 18th, 2008 7:45 pm
Ole X is kinda partial to those wild card trophies I agree. How close to Ike was you coach? Sure looks like a mess
Posted by: X31 on Thu Sep 18th, 2008 8:19 pm

I think X was more worried of the Wild Card slipping away from the Sox as they slid into first place.
Yes, if you read my response, that is indirectly what I am saying. That not since the all star break have I feared the more coveted wildcard championship may be slipping away as the Rays shrunk the wildcard deficit. Also let it be known that even privately I am saying the same thing.
on Thu Sep 18th, 2008 9:06 pm
Stone...Galveston is 350 miles to our south. Luckily, Ike went to our east and we were spared. We got about a quarter of an inch of rain from it and no winds. We were hit by the 'other' hurricane...evacuees that never leave. :)
Posted by: fishrmn43 on Fri Sep 19th, 2008 5:42 am
Coach?.......Been trying to find out the schedule for the playoffs without any luck. Thought you might know how that it goes. I was told that the East winner will play the West winner and the WC plays the Central winner. If this is the case this is better for the Sox to possibly end up with a better record and have home field advantage if they go in as the WC against either the CWS or Minn..........One more thing.......How close are you to Killeen? My daughter and her husband live on the base there.
Posted by: billzfan34 on Fri Sep 19th, 2008 6:54 am
Fshrmn,I'm not the Coach you wanted,but here ya go...# The Division champion with the best overall regular-season record will have home-field advantage for the Division Series. That team will play the Wild Card in the first round unless the Wild Card comes from the same division.# The Division champion with the next best overall regular-season record also will have home-field advantage in the Division Series.# The club with the best record in the American League will have the right to decide whether it will play in the seven-day or eight-day Division Series (i.e., whether it will start its Division Series on Wednesday, Oct. 1 or Thursday, Oct. 2). The AL club with the best record will make its selection no later than one hour following the completion of any game that finalizes which club will have the best record in the regular season or finalizes the matchups in the Division Series, whichever is later.Boston,as of this moment would be playing the LA of Anaheim Angels,with TB playing the White Sox
on Fri Sep 19th, 2008 7:44 am
Fishrmn...the team with the best record plays the WC team unless they're in the same division in which case the team with the best record would play the division winner with the worst record. Using the 4 teams in the AL that would make it if the season were to end today: Angels would play the Red Sox and Rays would play the White Sox. Same scenario, but change the W-L records of Angels and Rays (so Rays would have the best record). Rays would then play the White Sox(because the WC came from same division)...and Angels would play the Red Sox. I'm about 3 hours from Killeen. I know the area well as my sister-in-law is stationed at Ft. Hood. And, now after I write all this I realize billz explained it already. I'll leave it so it'll either help clarify it or confuse you more...we'll be like Fox News..."We report...you decide" :)
on Fri Sep 19th, 2008 8:43 am
Not that I want to see the postseason extend into November, but I'm not in favor of a best of 5 for the first round. 2 starters can pitch 4 of the 5 games with normal rest, so pitching depth is not as important in a 5 game series....imagine Toronto getting in as the WC and throwing Halliday and Burnett 4 times vs LA ??SFB