2022 Football

Posted by: mainejeff on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 11:20 am

Maine needs to institute student athletic fees like almost ever other D1 program in the country.

Posted by: BearDown on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 11:54 am

*Rocco fired

Posted by: parquetfloor on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 12:03 pm
BearDown wrote:

*Rocco fired

Damn...they go from the FCS semifinals in the spring season and him being named CAA Coach of the Year to him getting fired in late November. Tough year as they were doing well until their All-CAA QB went down and never returned. 

Posted by: mainejeff on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 12:09 pm
parquetfloor wrote:

Damn...they go from the FCS semifinals in the spring season and him being named CAA Coach of the Year to him getting fired in late November. Tough year as they were doing well until their All-CAA QB went down and never returned. 

Delaware football reminds me of Maine hockey....they are panicing down there in Newark....and JMU moving to the FBS accelerated that panic.

Posted by: BlackBearDrumline on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 1:15 pm

So far two Maine players have entered the transfer portal:

QB Joey McCracken

K Vladimir Rivas

McCracken had a similar skillset to Robertson, but he`s buried on the depth chart so his departure isn`t surprising.

Rivas was our kickoff guy this year. He was a vast upgrade on Cooey, and got us consistent touchbacks and good field position. He`ll need to be replaced.

With Charlton gone, I expect more players will leave in the coming weeks.

Posted by: BearDown on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 2:18 pm
BlackBearDrumline wrote:

So far two Maine players have entered the transfer portal:

QB Joey McCracken

K Vladimir Rivas

McCracken had a similar skillset to Robertson, but he`s buried on the depth chart so his departure isn`t surprising.

Rivas was our kickoff guy this year. He was a vast upgrade on Cooey, and got us consistent touchbacks and good field position. He`ll need to be replaced.

With Charlton gone, I expect more players will leave in the coming weeks.

Ahhhh, the transfer portal. Super excited to go through that this off-season and then again post Spring Ball. Doak did about the same as he did here but with no real meaningful kicks the last 2 seasons. Not sure how Dobson did at Tx State. Stevenson played in 10 games and has 10 total tackles on the year at WVU.

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 3:12 pm

Nailed it Bear Down! These kids leave and think it`s all sunshine and rainbows at the next stop. Stevens left for West Virginia and was a back up same with Ferg at Liberty. For a guy buried on the depth chart I understand it. Maybe a move to D2 or D3 is in their best interest.
Coaching changes are going to cause some roster turnover as well. That`s why I advocate they promote from within and do it quickly so the current roster and recruits know who their head coach is going to be. 

Posted by: thebam on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 5:34 pm
BearDown wrote:

Ahhhh, the transfer portal. Super excited to go through that this off-season and then again post Spring Ball. Doak did about the same as he did here but with no real meaningful kicks the last 2 seasons. Not sure how Dobson did at Tx State. Stevenson played in 10 games and has 10 total tackles on the year at WVU.

From Dobson`s Texas St bio :

Was the third overall player taken in the 2021 CFL Draft by Winnepeg. 

Posted by: BearDown on Mon Nov 29th, 2021 5:44 pm
thebam wrote:

From Dobson`s Texas St bio :

Was the third overall player taken in the 2021 CFL Draft by Winnepeg. 

Yeah, he was drafted after he entered the portal and before he played at Texas St. Any insight into how he performed this season? I haven`t heard.