UMaine MBB Home Opener Tonight

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Fri Nov 12th, 2021 7:53 am

Maine MBB plays their first home game tonight at 5 PM vs UMaine Farmington. UMF is led by former Maine point guard Terion Moss who will undoubtedly be on a mission tonight to take it to his former team. UMF has a roster filled with former Maine high school players, featuring several from the Portland metro area.  UMF`s other go to player is 6`9 senior center Jack Kane from Greely HS. Zach Maturo a former finalist for Mr Basketball is also on the roster.  The Beavers freshmen class features two Southern Maine forwards: 6`6 Dylan Griffin from Thornton and 6`5 Will Harriman from Biddeford. The Beavers only played 3 countable games last year but finished First in the regular season in their conference in 2019-20. UMF will have solid guard play and Kane inside should be able to compete with Ingo and company.

Maine needs to use their size and depth in this one and attack the Beavers in the paint getting Kane in foul trouble. I expect Maine to use a heavy dose of their zone press to try to wear down the UMF backcourt. UMF is going to want to push the tempo and will probably try to press Maine and get them to play faster than they want to. I`ll be focused on that Byron Ireland v Terion Moss matchup. I think Vukasin Masic will come out and go ham in this game and lead Maine in scoring.

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Fri Nov 12th, 2021 4:21 pm

I saw Andrew Storey this Summer and he was planning on returning this season.  Bigger and stronger and with his cousin Jack could keep the rebounding margin close.  

I expect a game in the 80`s.  

Posted by: MBR on Sat Nov 13th, 2021 2:57 am

recap 

Posted by: MBR on Sat Nov 13th, 2021 3:35 am

DEEP 3 from Vukasin Masic

Posted by: MBR on Sat Nov 13th, 2021 3:35 am

ITS INGO

Posted by: MBR on Sat Nov 13th, 2021 3:36 am

BOOMSHACKALACKA ‼️