Game 10 : Maine @ UMass - Nov 13th 12pm

Posted by: dunbar on Sun Nov 14th, 2021 9:09 am
basketball_guy wrote:

Outside of the FCS Championship game in Frisco, Texas which Maine will not be going to this year, there is no bowl game Maine is eligible for as an FCS program. The NCAA has ruled that an FBS program can count two FCS games toward bowl eligibility

There is the FCSbowl in Florida but only certain player are chosen for that game. 

Home - FCS Bowl by SPIRAL

It`s called a joke. 

Posted by: maine612 on Sun Nov 14th, 2021 12:28 pm

Hey everyone,

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the game yesterday.  Nice to put a beatdown on someone.  A couple of comments,

1.  Really looking forward to next year given the play of Fagnano, Moss, Barnwell, and Brock.  We will have some fun weapons.

2.  The TV guys were brutal.  So amped up on every play and nonstop talking with barely a breath in between sentences.  Had to put it on mute for stretches.

3.  The highlight of the TV coverage though was this "You are killing me Smalls" after a Shakur tackle.  Cheesy, but still awesome.

4.  Early on I thought they would have no answer for the Merriweather running game.  He seemed huge and unstoppable.  The commentators made fun of Ray Miller....that was dumb...dude was a horse and ended up with 15 or so tackles.   Maine figured it out.

5.  UMass had zero pride.  That last touchdown was pathetic.  UMass football is in no man`s land and I don`t know where they go from here.

Nice win.  Go Maine!

Posted by: basketball_guy on Sun Nov 14th, 2021 2:16 pm
dunbar wrote:

It`s called a joke. 

I certainly believe maine could nominate a couple of their players for the fcs bowl in florida. The play of brock deserves special consideration and possibly young as well

Posted by: BearDown on Sun Nov 14th, 2021 5:10 pm
basketball_guy wrote:

I certainly believe maine could nominate a couple of their players for the fcs bowl in florida. The play of brock deserves special consideration and possibly young as well

I honestly can`t tell if you`re messing with us or being sincere. You continually put my mind in a pretzel.

They both have eligbility left.

Posted by: BearDown on Sun Nov 14th, 2021 8:21 pm

I saw this somewhere else so I`ll steal it (and modify it)...If UMass and UConn were in the CAA, UConn would be in last place. UMass would be second to last.

Posted by: MBR on Mon Nov 15th, 2021 5:05 am

sights 👀 and sounds 🎶

Posted by: MBR on Mon Nov 15th, 2021 5:08 am

That feeling when you wake up after an FBS win 

Posted by: MBR on Tue Nov 16th, 2021 4:38 am

Black Bears win in quarterback Joe Fagnano’s return

Posted by: MBR on Tue Nov 16th, 2021 5:23 am

Scout Team MVPs