Conference USA looking at UCONN - UMASS not far behind

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 7:49 am

Nobody cares.

Posted by: basketball_guy on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 8:46 am

Will see about that...

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 9:00 am
basketball_guy wrote:

Will see about that...

You keep banging a drum about Conference USA....a conference on life support that has nothing to do with Maine.  They aren`t even in the Northeast!  You keep repeating....and repeating....and repeating.....and repeating....and repeating....and repeating.....and repeating.....and repeating.....

Makes me long for the days of Bob Cimbollek.Undecided

Posted by: BearDown on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 9:36 am
mainejeff wrote:

You keep banging a drum about Conference USA....a conference on life support that has nothing to do with Maine.  They aren`t even in the Northeast!  You keep repeating....and repeating....and repeating.....and repeating....and repeating....and repeating.....and repeating.....and repeating.....

Welcome to the ThunderDome

Posted by: parquetfloor on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 10:49 am

On a side note, which bowl do you guys think we go to this year? I`m hoping for the Cure Bowl in Orlando, the Boca Raton Bowl or the Frisco Bowl. My thought is C-USA may allow UMaine to take one of their slots to kind of give the Black Bears a "test run" if you will. 

Posted by: thebam on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 11:16 am
mainejeff wrote:

Maine doesn`t have enough big men that can play with their back to goal post to succeed in Conference USA.

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 11:31 am
thebam wrote:

Maine doesn`t have enough big men that can play with their back to goal post to succeed in Conference USA.

Or a coach from the State O` Maine!

Posted by: BearDown on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 12:05 pm
thebam wrote:

Do you not remember that time we had 7,000 fans for a game in Portland at a stadium that only seats 6k??!! That alone should show you that Maine is ready for Conference USA.  Sellout City baby!

Show Bam the blueprints BBallGuy. Conf USA 2025!

And parquet, I LOVE the idea of a test run Bowl game this season. Because UConn may join Conf USA do you think we can have a Bowl game with them? Play it at the Yale Bowl maybe? Call it the "Brawl Post Fall Bowl Game". The BPFBG!

Posted by: BearDown on Tue Nov 23rd, 2021 12:23 pm
BearDown wrote:

Do you not remember that time we had 7,000 fans for a game in Portland at a stadium that only seats 6k??!! That alone should show you that Maine is ready for Conference USA.  Sellout City baby!

Show Bam the blueprints BBallGuy. Conf USA 2025!

And parquet, I LOVE the idea of a test run Bowl game this season. Because UConn may join Conf USA do you think we can have a Bowl game with them? Play it at the Yale Bowl maybe? Call it the "Brawl Post Fall Bowl Game". The BPFBG!

AND, before ANYONE here starts chirping about attendance at the Bowl Game...there were 49,500 at the Yale Bowl just this last weekend for their game against Harvard. I`m sure if it`s marketed well that 2 old Yankee Conference rivals could easily generate more fans and interest than that game -I barely even knew Harvard and Yale had football teams. Just imagine the numbers Maine and UConn could bring in.