*Updated* Maine Class A North 2021-2022

Posted by: MaineAreaBasketball on Mon May 24th, 2021 11:27 am

5/24/21

With the AAU season coming to the end and the start of summer basketball coming up I have decided to do one final ranking for Maine Boys basketball for class A north until the end of summer B-Ball. Here are the updated rankings:

1. Brewer      

Brewer will be a tested veteran team this coming season. With 3 returning starters they will be ready to try again for the the state championship that didnt happen this year. They will have some top guards in the state with seniors Colby Smith and  Aaron Newcomb and will have possible all-state forwards like Brady Sauders and will have frontcourt players in the paint in Ryder Goodwin.

2. Nokomis

Nokomis will have 4 returning starters from last season making them a tough veteran team. Like brewer they will have returing starting guards Jakob Noyes and Grady Hartsgrove they will also have great forwards in Madden White and possibly the most talked about player maine has ever seen in freshman Cooper Flagg. They will have great size in the front court with reurning starter, Hunter Flagg and brother Ace Flagg. They will also have a new coach with some big names to be rumored.

3. Skowheagan

Skowheagan will possibly be one of the biggest team in maine with 3 players above 6`5. Skowheagan will also have returning starters in guards like Levi Obert and they will have a extremely talented frontcourt with players like Adam Savage, an athletic wing, and with big man like Collin and Kyle Lepage. Like Brewer and Nokomis they will also be a tough veteran team with a solid backcourt and an outstanding frontcourt.

4. Gardiner

Altough I have Gardiner at 4 and Camden at 5 they are neck and neck. Gardiner has a exciting talent in Kalvin Catchings a lenghthy athletic 6`7 forward who has a chance to be all-state. They will be looking to do some damage in the tournament and make some noise.

5. Camden Hills

Coming of a big season that brought some names to the mainstream for Camden including names like Ryan Clifford, Jeremy Frasier and more, the windjammers will look to repeat last season and be a top team in that state. Although losing Frasier to graduation will hurt, big man Ryan Clifford seems more than ready to step up big into the scoring role. Although I have Camden at 5, don`t be suprised to see them at the 4, 3 or even 2 seed next season.

6. Cony

Cony will be a team to watch this season with coming senior Luke Briggs who could very well be an all state player this year. Cony will play Cony basketball, they will continue to play fast paced and up-tempo ball and will be looking to suprise some people this year.

7. Mt. Blue

2 year starter Zach Poisson will need to carry alot of weight this season, Mt. Blue has a solid young core that will need to step up for this Mt. Blue team. They wil be a young team hoping to get some expierence for to use in the next few years.

8. Lawrence

Lawrence always has a solid program, even with alot of the core team graduating they will be able to get the group of guys to buy into the lawrence system and really make some noise this year and make the tournament.

Non Playoff Teams:

9. Messolonskee

10. Erskine

Posted by: ClassANorthFan on Wed May 26th, 2021 12:54 pm

Here is Mine.

1. Brewer-Loaded. 5 starters all can score and lead the team on any given night. Newcomb is one of the best pure shooters in the state. Saunders is a rising star and will be a matchup nightmare.

2. Skowhegan- The River Hawks( tough getting used to that lol) might be the biggest team in maine. they will start 3 players 6`5 or taller. Savage is the best big in the region, and with Lepage brothers along side make Skowhegan extremely difficult to matchup with. Levi Obert will provide some outside shooting.

3. Nokomis- Cooper Flagg era will begin, and folks in Newport should be excited where the program is heading. Madden White is also a tremendous versitile talent. This team is young, but should be a contender.

4. Mt. Blue- return all 5 starters, and will also be one of the youngest teams in the region. Zach Poisson, Evans Sterling provide a nice 1-2 punch.  Chandler Briggs is one of the top 3 point shooters in the region. Cougars will be more experienced and ready to take that next step.

5. Cony-Luke Briggs is a player of the year canidate. The rams style of play and agressive defense will continue to give team fits.

6. Gardiner- Calvin Catchings enough said. The kid is evolving into a complete player. He might be the most complete player in the region. Ryan Moore is also vastly underrated and provides another punch down low. Tigers should return to the ACC.

7. Camden Hills- Losing Jeremy Fraser is a big blow to the Jammers, but Ryan Clifford and Liam O`Neal should keep the jammers in contention for a playoff spot.

8. Lawrence- lost all 5 starters, but do have some talent coming up. Bulldogs likely a year or 2 a way, but should sneak into the tournament, and as always will be dangerous.

9. Messalonskee- lost all 5 starters with Gardiner transferring to Hyde. Coach Dangler will begin the rebuild process.

10. Erskine-Better days ahead for the Eagles. Coach Bonsant has some promising talent coming up incluing his son who will be one of the better players in the league.

Posted by: MaineAreaBasketball on Thu May 27th, 2021 9:09 am
ClassANorthFan wrote:

Here is Mine.

1. Brewer-Loaded. 5 starters all can score and lead the team on any given night. Newcomb is one of the best pure shooters in the state. Saunders is a rising star and will be a matchup nightmare.

2. Skowhegan- The River Hawks( tough getting used to that lol) might be the biggest team in maine. they will start 3 players 6`5 or taller. Savage is the best big in the region, and with Lepage brothers along side make Skowhegan extremely difficult to matchup with. Levi Obert will provide some outside shooting.

3. Nokomis- Cooper Flagg era will begin, and folks in Newport should be excited where the program is heading. Madden White is also a tremendous versitile talent. This team is young, but should be a contender.

4. Mt. Blue- return all 5 starters, and will also be one of the youngest teams in the region. Zach Poisson, Evans Sterling provide a nice 1-2 punch.  Chandler Briggs is one of the top 3 point shooters in the region. Cougars will be more experienced and ready to take that next step.

5. Cony-Luke Briggs is a player of the year canidate. The rams style of play and agressive defense will continue to give team fits.

6. Gardiner- Calvin Catchings enough said. The kid is evolving into a complete player. He might be the most complete player in the region. Ryan Moore is also vastly underrated and provides another punch down low. Tigers should return to the ACC.

7. Camden Hills- Losing Jeremy Fraser is a big blow to the Jammers, but Ryan Clifford and Liam O`Neal should keep the jammers in contention for a playoff spot.

8. Lawrence- lost all 5 starters, but do have some talent coming up. Bulldogs likely a year or 2 a way, but should sneak into the tournament, and as always will be dangerous.

9. Messalonskee- lost all 5 starters with Gardiner transferring to Hyde. Coach Dangler will begin the rebuild process.

10. Erskine-Better days ahead for the Eagles. Coach Bonsant has some promising talent coming up incluing his son who will be one of the better players in the league.

Everything you said I agree with, except for Skowheagan over Nokomis. Nokomis has 4 returning starters In Jakob Noyes, Grady Hartsgrove, Madden White and Hunter Flagg. The additon of Cooper Flagg, who has the potential to be the most special talent maine has seen, will propell them past Skowheagan in my opionion. I also think it largley depends on who lands the Nokomis coaching job. I think Nokomis will rival Brewer for the top spot in the north. I think out of everybody in class A Nokomis stands the biggest threat to Brewer followed by Skowheagan. Nokomis will have size too,

Jakob Noyes 5`11

Grady Hartsgrove 6`1

Madden White 6`2

Cooper Flagg 6`7

Hunter Flagg 6`3

Ace Flagg 6`6

Carter Rice 6`0

Connor Sides 5`7

That is my personal opionion although and I can see Skowheagan taking that 2 spot.