UMaine Hockey: New coach Ben Barr

Posted by: fafan on Thu May 13th, 2021 7:43 am

Yes, agree good call on Ben Barr, defintely a good choice.

What does everyone think on assistant`s does Alfie or Guite stay? I doubt Guite would stay as it is highly unusal that the 2nd choice for the Headcoaching position stays working under the new coach. More likely that Alfie stays.

Posted by: parquetfloor on Thu May 13th, 2021 7:51 am
fafan wrote:

Yes, agree good call on Ben Barr, defintely a good choice.

What does everyone think on assistant`s does Alfie or Guite stay? I doubt Guite would stay as it is highly unusal that the 2nd choice for the Headcoaching position stays working under the new coach. More likely that Alfie stays.

Unless Barr has already talked with and secured a set of assts, I would agree with this as well. 

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Thu May 13th, 2021 10:18 am

For folks that have more insight, I read where he gets automatic 2 year extension if he has a winning record with Hockey East.  Is that a normal litmus test to extend?  Thank you.

Posted by: thebam on Thu May 13th, 2021 11:36 am
ExpoEddie wrote:

For folks that have more insight, I read where he gets automatic 2 year extension if he has a winning record with Hockey East.  Is that a normal litmus test to extend?  Thank you.

It seems in the past it didn`t take nearly that level of success to get an extension, but then again Mr. Ralph appears to be changing the game all around. AT 240,000 a year, Coach Barr has a half million dollar incentive to win games now. 

Posted by: MBR on Thu May 13th, 2021 11:47 am

Find out how he thinks the Black Bear hockey team can return to success, and we chat about other things too

Posted by: MBR on Thu May 13th, 2021 12:00 pm

Ben Barr takes over as UMaine’s 5th head men’s hockey coach in program histor

Posted by: MBR on Sat May 15th, 2021 6:56 am

Ben Barr welcomed to his new Alfond Arena home

Posted by: MBR on Wed Jun 2nd, 2021 6:10 am

Michaud stays on as assistant

Posted by: MBR on Sat Jun 12th, 2021 5:02 am

UMaine head hockey coach Barr throws out first pitch at Sea Dogs gam