Blanca to Washington Mystics

Posted by: turkeyman on Sun Apr 18th, 2021 4:14 pm

Blanca Millan signed a training-camp contract today witht the Washington Mystics of the WNBA, UMaine said in a press release.

The Mystics had traded away all three draft choices, so their only prospective new players will be undrafted signees.

Cindy Bldogett was drafted sixth overall in 1998. If I remember right, Jamie Cassidy was not drafted but was invited to the Miami camp. She played a few games, I believe, for Indiana, too.

Missy Traversi (UMaine 2005), the new coach at Army, was invited to a Chicago Sky camp after playing professionally and coaching in Sweden, but she did not make the roster.

Other UMainers may have been to training camps, too, but I  don`t recall whom.

Bob Neal, New Sharon

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Sun Apr 18th, 2021 7:57 pm

Awesome to see this! Blanca is a tremendous competitor. Very intense, 2 way player. If she cracks the Mystics roster, it may be because of her defensive ability. She`s 6`0, can move and guard multiple positions. could be her calling card as a pro.

Posted by: turkeyman on Thu May 6th, 2021 10:01 am

Blanca was waived yesterday before Washington`s exhibition game with Atlanta. The Mystics lost.

No word on whether she has cleared waviers or might be picked up by another WNBA team. Season begins in eight days.

Bob Neal, New Sharon

Posted by: football58 on Thu May 6th, 2021 10:05 am
turkeyman wrote:

Blanca was waived yesterday before Washington`s exhibition game with Atlanta. The Mystics lost.

No word on whether she has cleared waviers or might be picked up by another WNBA team. Season begins in eight days.

Bob Neal, New Sharon

Well, so much for that.

Posted by: BoutrosBoutrosGhali on Fri May 7th, 2021 7:30 pm
football58 wrote:

Well, so much for that.

Gotta love when internet trolls kick people when they`re down. By being invited to training camp, she accomplished something that only two (maybe three?) people in school history have achieved.