(Spring) Week 6 - at Rhode Island

Posted by: maine612 on Tue Apr 6th, 2021 3:08 pm

Just read New Hampshire is out.  No Musket game.  Ugh.  Maybe we schedule JMU or someone else?

612

Posted by: dunbar on Tue Apr 6th, 2021 3:34 pm
maine612 wrote:

Just read New Hampshire is out.  No Musket game.  Ugh.  Maybe we schedule JMU or someone else?

612

Unsurprising, yet disappointing. There needs to be an effort made to revise the fall schedule so that regular home-away rotations are maintained. 

It`s really simple. Flip the H/A for the Maine-New Hampshire-Elon triangle this fall. 

10/9 Maine at Elon

10/23 Elon at New Hampshire

11/19 New Hampshire at Maine

I`d much rather have the extra flight than not playing New Hampshire at home for four years. 

Posted by: dunbar on Tue Apr 6th, 2021 3:48 pm
dunbar wrote:

Unsurprising, yet disappointing. There needs to be an effort made to revise the fall schedule so that regular home-away rotations are maintained. 

It`s really simple. Flip the H/A for the Maine-New Hampshire-Elon triangle this fall. 

10/9 Maine at Elon

10/23 Elon at New Hampshire

11/19 New Hampshire at Maine

I`d much rather have the extra flight than not playing New Hampshire at home for four years. 

Actually, upon further thought, it`s gonna be a lot more involved than this. With the exception of UNH-Albany, all of the `Cats games should be flipped. 

Maybe it will save us from going to Kingston twice in seven months. 

Posted by: dunbar on Tue Apr 6th, 2021 9:47 pm

Never mind...

Posted by: mainejeff on Wed Apr 7th, 2021 7:53 am

August 30, 2018 - UNH @ Maine

November, 2022 - UNH @ Maine

You can bet your bottom dollar that if the situation was reversed.....the league would definitely be making an effort to switch up the schedule!

Posted by: dunbar on Wed Apr 7th, 2021 8:23 am
mainejeff wrote:

August 30, 2018 - UNH @ Maine

November, 2022 - UNH @ Maine

You can bet your bottom dollar that if the situation was reversed.....the league would definitely be making an effort to switch up the schedule!

By my count, 23 of the 48 schedule conference games for the fall are backwards (i.e. home/away rotations have been flipped due to cancellations or whatnot). For the league not make an effort to fix this would be irresponsible and lazy.

Posted by: mainejeff on Wed Apr 7th, 2021 8:31 am
dunbar wrote:

By my count, 23 of the 48 schedule conference games for the fall are not backwards (i.e. home/away rotations have been flipped due to cancellations or whatnot). For the league not make an effort to fix this would be irresponsible and lazy.

Agreed.  JMU and Delaware fans are not impressed with the conference right now.....I think that this might be the start of a true fracturing.....it was bound to happen eventually.  Hello America East Football!

Posted by: BearDown on Wed Apr 7th, 2021 9:50 am

Annnnndddddd the Rhody game is canceled. The Spring Football season is over. The End.

Posted by: maine612 on Wed Apr 7th, 2021 10:41 am

What a disappointment.  I wish they would pick up a game against someone.  JMU, etc.   

612