Basketball - UMaine men:

Posted by: football58 on Mon May 31st, 2021 8:04 pm
Blind Zebras wrote:

Hey Chef Boyardee, this kid has 7 D1 offers. I don`t know about you, but I like to see Coach swinging for the fences on kids with multiple D1 offers rather than a kid who should be playing D2.

I agree with Mario. Both the men`s Nd women`s programs are all foreigners. Best thing for the men`s program would be to drop to D2, then they would have an outside chance of playing 500.

Posted by: mainejeff on Mon May 31st, 2021 9:50 pm
football58 wrote:

I agree with Mario. Both the men`s Nd women`s programs are all foreigners. Best thing for the men`s program would be to drop to D2, then they would have an outside chance of playing 500.

STFU Trump.

Posted by: football58 on Tue Jun 1st, 2021 7:34 pm
mainejeff wrote:

STFU Trump.

Show me any reason to think otherwise. Also, I think you should be aware that youngsters can access this site and your offensive language can not be tolerated.

Posted by: mainejeff on Wed Jun 2nd, 2021 7:50 am
football58 wrote:

Show me any reason to think otherwise. Also, I think you should be aware that youngsters can access this site and your offensive language can not be tolerated.

My apologies for mentioning him.

Posted by: mainejeff on Fri Jun 4th, 2021 10:45 pm

Good-bye Leyton Bickford....

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/leyton-bickford

Too bad we never got too see him play.

Posted by: basketball_guy on Mon Jun 7th, 2021 5:40 am
Blind Zebras wrote:

Jaeden Zackery has commited to Boston College.  Meanwhile, Maine offered a 6`8 wing out of Fork Union Military Academy named Anouar Mellouk. Mellouk, who has 7 D1 offers, hails from Holland.

Jaeden Zackery would have been a Major "GET" for Maine. I saw him play against Northwest Florida as well as several other JC`s. While it is not surprise he would go to D1 Major program, this is the type of player they need in Orono. Are tjere any recruits for next season who are true show stoppers. I hate to keep seeing Maine recruiting these Europeans who`s names you can hardly pronouce. 

It appears to be another mixed bag of recruits again. I just don`t see this Coach beyond next year. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any D1 basketball program and there just does not appear to be much here. 

Posted by: basketball_guy on Mon Jun 7th, 2021 5:47 am
basketball_guy wrote:

Jaeden Zackery would have been a Major "GET" for Maine. I saw him play against Northwest Florida as well as several other JC`s. While it is not surprise he would go to D1 Major program, this is the type of player they need in Orono. Are tjere any recruits for next season who are true show stoppers. I hate to keep seeing Maine recruiting these Europeans who`s names you can hardly pronouce. 

It appears to be another mixed bag of recruits again. I just don`t see this Coach beyond next year. Recruiting is the lifeblood of any D1 basketball program and there just does not appear to be much here. 

This gives an updated list of Maine players and recruits for the upcoming 2021/2022 season barring any other unforeseen transfers

Verbal Commits | Maine Basketball Recruiting Scholarship Chart: Roster, Offers, Commits, Targets, Rankings

Posted by: basketball_guy on Mon Jun 7th, 2021 6:46 am

New England Basketball Recruits 2022

New England Class of 2022 | New England Recruiting Report

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Wed Jun 16th, 2021 5:21 pm

Maine signs another one for 2021. Milos Nenadic, a 6`10 stretch big from Ontario by way of Western Reserve Academy. Not a great athlete, but has some nice face up skill and range on his jump shot.