Basketball - UMaine men:

Posted by: mario_spaghettio on Mon Jun 28th, 2021 8:39 pm

Would like to see them stop recruiting players who are "even finer young men off the court" We need ballers not Boy Scouts. Will pay top dollar for sttraight up thugs with a chip on their shoulder and gang tattoos on their chest. Cornrows preferred but not required. No diploma no problem. We`ll provide one for you upon request. Felons welcome.

Posted by: MBR on Fri Jul 9th, 2021 7:11 am

no longer with the program...

Posted by: fafan on Fri Jul 9th, 2021 9:38 am

So what does this mean with two coaches both resigning together???

UMaine needs to release something on this latest departure. Maybe it`s time to make Curry the remaining assistant coach the head coach, this program just can`t get turned around. So sad.

Posted by: imposter on Fri Jul 9th, 2021 1:13 pm

Staff is  16–56 (.222) in 3 seasons. Who is Coach bringing in to right the ship?

Posted by: mainejeff on Fri Jul 9th, 2021 1:25 pm
fafan wrote:

UMaine needs to release something on this latest departure. Maybe it`s time to make Curry the remaining assistant coach the head coach, this program just can`t get turned around. So sad.

Agreed.  Maine would get HUGE attention for hiring the first woman as HC of a men`s program.  Curry is a class act....I`d love to see her get the chance.

As far as Barron goes......I would think that the coming season could be his swan song if he doesn`t start winning some games.

Posted by: thebam on Fri Jul 9th, 2021 7:48 pm
fafan wrote:

I think we need to see where these 2 end up ? If they have better gigs lined up, then who is to blame them?  I still have faith in Coach B. last year was a toatl joke with all the cancellatioins, etc... I can`t support replacing him based on last year. I still believe he has this ship heading out of troubled water. 

Posted by: basketball_guy on Fri Jul 9th, 2021 9:10 pm

Interesting article on the Maine Black Bear Basketball program after Pandemic. 

Assessing the Maine Black Bears as they head into the offseason - Mid-Major Madness (midmajormadness.com)

Posted by: MBR on Wed Jul 14th, 2021 5:51 am

This years 15🔥🔥

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Sun Jul 18th, 2021 6:28 pm

Maine gets a commitment from 6`6 combo forward Peter Filipovity a Juco Transfer from Utah State Eastern. He should have at least 3 years of eligibility and will be joining the team this season. Maine has now used all of their available scholarships for 2021-22 season.

Also of note the 2021-22 roster is up on goblackbears.com

Matt Fleming is listed as a Student Assistant