Coaching Openings?

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Wed Mar 24th, 2021 2:39 pm

My experiences are more likely that administration/school boards cave to parents and then the AD is required to deliver the bad news.  The SP AD was terrific at Falmouth.  Very easy to work with and great focus on the kids.  Vastly superior to the person there now.  One cannot expect an AD to give up his livlihood when others above want to make a change and his role is relegated to execute.  In the working world good people lay off good people.

More importantly, who has info that Coach M is being targeted?  Personally I see Coach M getting better each year coaching a complex group of players with not to many understanding parents.  Who in the heck do they think is better out there. 

Posted by: Archer Bunker on Thu Mar 25th, 2021 1:10 pm

EE coach M is one of the best coaches around I don`t see him getting "Charminized" like coach Conley and Dibiase were, butb then again this is SP`s parents.

AB

Posted by: MJ123 on Thu Mar 25th, 2021 6:49 pm

Cheverus. 

Posted by: CuriousG on Mon Mar 29th, 2021 9:42 am
MJ123 wrote:

Cheverus. 

Will Bedard coach and bring in his crew?

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Mon Mar 29th, 2021 1:18 pm

Dan LeGage would be a terrific choice if he is inclined to apply. 

Posted by: BBallsBestFan on Sat Apr 3rd, 2021 8:33 am

I think it`s a rotten shame that Coach Soucie is getting done. Obviously Cheverus is a hard school to Coach at.

Coach Soucie did a great job for the program and now he is gone. Cheverus has had some great Coaches for both boys and girls, Dan Costigan, Coach Soucie, Steve Huntington, Coach Fifield, all gone because they couldn`t get the results that people want.

Give Coaches a chance to get the programs going.. Why bother being a Coach if there is constant interference.

Good Luck Coach Soucie.. Hopefully you will find another position and will last long enough to make a difference in an athletes life and get a strong program going again...

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Sat Apr 3rd, 2021 12:58 pm

Very well stated BB`s Best Fan.  The coaches you list are high quality people that love basketball.  I am still bothered by Steve Hunnington`s removal.  Grew up with his dad playing hoops and Steve has tremendous insight to the game.  They now have one of the very best in Coach Goodman, see how that plays out.

While I only saw Coach Soucie versus Coach Russo, I thought his kids played with heart, with a purpose and emotion.  Coaching a melting pot of players versus those who grew up together has always been underappreciated and undervalued.  Lastly, with Cheverus $`s always get factored in. 

Posted by: CoachHuntington on Sat Apr 3rd, 2021 5:24 pm
ExpoEddie wrote:

Very well stated BB`s Best Fan.  The coaches you list are high quality people that love basketball.  I am still bothered by Steve Hunnington`s removal.  Grew up with his dad playing hoops and Steve has tremendous insight to the game.  They now have one of the very best in Coach Goodman, see how that plays out.

While I only saw Coach Soucie versus Coach Russo, I thought his kids played with heart, with a purpose and emotion.  Coaching a melting pot of players versus those who grew up together has always been underappreciated and undervalued.  Lastly, with Cheverus $`s always get factored in. 

Thanks EE. 

When I look back, it`s hard to say that I am bothered by it... or that I was ever bothered by it.  There was a father of a player (who happened to be a former AD) that I coached at Cheverus that made things difficult for me and impossible for the school. They had to make the decision they did. They had no choice. Had they done something early on when I warned them of the guy, it would have been squashed and I would still be there.  They didn`t and he gained confidence in his self serving and immoral allegations against me. The guy was a piece of work before his daughter went to Cheverus, while his daughter was at Cheverus and I am sure still is.  I had known him a long time before I coached at Cheverus... I remember him from his days coaching hockey when he would get kicked out of games for verbally abusing officials. (Not my words, the Potland Press Heralds words). His biggest beef was that my diaghter was not as good as his daughter.  Fast forward a few years... My daughter is playing in college and his daughter quit after her sophomore year at Cheverus. Anyway, while they had a difficult 4 years (4 coaches in 4 years), they did find a good one in Billy G. 

Concerning the boys and Coach Soucie... I am shook he is no longer there. I was a big fan.  He will find the right fit and be very successful. No doubt.  He is a great guy.  I am a big fan.  

I don`t know who they will hire next. I would hope they would stay away from inexperience.  My son still has another year (and 2 more boys after him).  I would like to see someone not learning to coach high school on the fly.  I would alos like to see them stay away from anyne with AAU ties. While, AAU serves a purpose... coaching high school is much much different than AAU.  AAU mindset does not translate into a professional coaching career at a high school.  A big name AAU coach can bring in names at Cheverus in the short term, but it is extremely dangerous in the long term.  

I have a few names in mind, but will keep those to myself for time being until when or if I find out who has applying and has earned an interview.  There are a lot good coaches out there. I would just like to see someone with a strong resume and limited AAU ties. 

And on a side note... I loved going to my dads games... just waiting patiently for the action to head down the court so I could get a couple of shots up at the other end... and just waiting for one the guys to pull a hammy so I could sub in! Haha!

Posted by: MJ123 on Tue Apr 6th, 2021 9:18 pm

Brunswick