Hockey hosts Unh on Wednesday

Posted by: thebam on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 2:51 pm
augie wrote:

Has this been officially confirmed by UMaine?

Not the school, but a player said they have been told by Red that he`s coming back.

Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 6:17 pm

Now there are rumors on the Fans FB page that Red won`t be back.  High intrigue on the island!  I say that Red WILL be back because hey.....this is Maine.

Posted by: thebam on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 6:56 pm
mainejeff wrote:

Now there are rumors on the Fans FB page that Red won`t be back.  High intrigue on the island!  I say that Red WILL be back because hey.....this is Maine.

if you are betting.. put it all on " back". 

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Mar 16th, 2021 9:51 pm

Is Red still the hockey coach or not?  Ken Ralph playing all coy on WABI.  Come on Ken.....you did a great job with the facilities roll out....don`t make this into a major ordeal/drama.  Either sign Gendron to an extension....or get rid of him!

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Tue Mar 16th, 2021 10:33 pm

Red Gendron has to be the worst interview on campus. His spots on The Drive are enough to put anyone to sleep. Low energy, slow delivery and it sounds like he is speaking from inside a tin can. I`m not a hockey guy, but Good God! Time to retire!

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Wed Mar 17th, 2021 1:21 pm

This post may signal that I am out of touch, but when I think of Maine sports, I would expect for the most part that the varsity coaches are the best at each sport in Maine. 

It seems that Maine does not have that.  In baseball, lots of folks would say Ed Flaherty or even Mike D`Andrea.  Soccer, maybe Dave Halligan or Mike Haggerty.  In basketball, Amy would be close to a concensus as best in Maine.  Red only not the best college hockey coach, I wonder if he would be the best high school coach.  While unique that Cosgrove came back at Colby, his hand picked successor has established himself as the right choice at the right time.  Red`s BigJab interviews sound a lot more like my friend Eddie Griffin that a college D1 coach.

Posted by: MaineBlackBearFan on Thu Mar 18th, 2021 10:58 am

https://goblackbears.com/news/2021/3/18/mens-ice-hockey-eduards-tralmaks-inks-deal-with-the-providence-bruins.aspx

Hope see him play for Boston someday. 

Posted by: mario_spaghettio on Tue Mar 23rd, 2021 11:28 pm

On WGME 13 Red just said the best is yet to come and the future is bright. Lofl. This guy is a con artist straight up. UMaine is LoserU for putting up with this putrid garbage.

Posted by: mainejeff on Wed Mar 24th, 2021 8:08 am
mario_spaghettio wrote:

On WGME 13 Red just said the best is yet to come and the future is bright. Lofl. This guy is a con artist straight up. UMaine is LoserU for putting up with this putrid garbage.

Wow....you are almost making sense.