(Spring) Week 2 - Albany

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 3:45 pm

Huge win for Maine! They shutdown Undercufler and cleaned up the penalty issues in the second half. That Fagnano to Miller connection was clicking all day.  Much better mix of plays by Charlton and we saw some better push from the line in the running game. Good job by Kevin Jones & Shawn Page stepping in for injured teammates. 
The secondary, especially Speight & Swann played really well. Need to find ways to generate pressure with the front 7 but they held up well enough today. Kicking game & special teams were solid. Great effort all around!

Posted by: thebam on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 4:12 pm

I take full credit for this win. When it was 10-0 I texted my buddies and said Maine outscored 47-0 so far this year. They are horrible. 

You`re welcome. Bring on Stony Brook.

Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 4:30 pm

I`m shocked at the turnaround today.  Obviously Delaware is very good...especially defensively.....and Maine was not very well prepared last weekend.

A very solid win today...I`m always amazed how young people can shrug things off and turn things around so quickly.  Maine needs to continue to develop its running game going into next fall.

Fagnano and Miller showed some real leadership today and it seems like some coaches used the last week of practice wisely.

Can someone in Maine sports media ask Charlton why Maine is so bad week after week.....season after season....with the penalty thing though...???  This problem goes back to the Cosgove years.....DISCIPLINE.

Posted by: BearDown on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 4:36 pm

What was the story on the missed FG? How far was the attempt?

Posted by: basketball_guy on Sat Mar 13th, 2021 9:23 pm

Gotta believe Maine moves into the Top 25 this week after beating the Number 13 team in FCS. 

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/stats-fcs-top-25

Posted by: BlackBearDrumline on Sun Mar 14th, 2021 2:27 pm

Were there any updates on Ori Jean-Charles` injury? Really hoping it`s not bad, he`s a team leader and one of the best defensive players on the team. 

Posted by: dunbar on Sun Mar 14th, 2021 2:40 pm
BlackBearDrumline wrote:

Were there any updates on Ori Jean-Charles` injury? Really hoping it`s not bad, he`s a team leader and one of the best defensive players on the team. 

This is an understated storyline coming out of yesterday. Becasue of the strange schedule, the worst case scenario isn`t missing the rest of the season, it`s missing the rest of the YEAR. Keep an ear out for the CAA teleconference tomorrow.

Posted by: BearDown on Tue Mar 16th, 2021 12:32 am

Perhaps some gamesmanship on Maine`s part last weekend. Albany Coach commenting on the uncomfortable conditions in the area they got ready in before the game. Said UNH had done a nice job accommodating them but at Maine they were really cold and uncomfortable in their dressing area.

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Mar 16th, 2021 6:54 am
BearDown wrote:

Perhaps some gamesmanship on Maine`s part last weekend. Albany Coach commenting on the uncomfortable conditions in the area they got ready in before the game. Said UNH had done a nice job accommodating them but at Maine they were really cold and uncomfortable in their dressing area.

Mission accomplished!Laughing