Future UM Men`s Basketball Recruiting

Posted by: mainejeff on Mon Feb 22nd, 2021 12:20 pm

Kevin Reed?

Posted by: MaineBlackBearFan on Mon Feb 22nd, 2021 1:12 pm

Barron is a prick to play for.  Player`s won`t put up with it.

Posted by: dunbar on Mon Feb 22nd, 2021 1:23 pm
SMTC wrote:

You know there is several people that have said we should ditch the international recruiting seen....I was just looking at UMBC which finished in first in the America East and they have six international players and 5 more kids that are either JUCO/Grad Transfer or D 1 transfers.

Is it the coaching or is it the facilities they play in?? I`m betting its the coaching had a lot to do with it,  they have not been D1 for long and they have had ten times more success then we ever had.....whats there excuse for success?

They have had a few apperances at the Big Dance...Tony Bennett could tell you all about it.

For the sake of accuracy, UMBC has been Division I since 1986-87 and has been to the tournament twice (2008, 2018). Ryan Odom is a great coach (who they`ve paid to keep there) and they have a top three building in the league. Recruiting there has different challenges with the sheer amount of DI schools in the DMV.

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Mon Feb 22nd, 2021 2:01 pm

UMBC is within a Basketball hot bed of Baltimore/DC/Northern VA.  This program has also done very well with transfers both juco and those from other programs. Many of their starters and key players this year are transfers (Kennedy, Eytle-Rock, Spasojevic).
Coach Barron seems to prefer 4 year players so Far in his tenure, although the 2 best players he has brought in (El Darwich & Prijovic) were transfers.

Posted by: mario_spaghettio on Mon Feb 22nd, 2021 5:05 pm
MaineBlackBearFan wrote:

Barron is a prick to play for.  Player`s won`t put up with it.

Would love to see one of his players go full Sprewell on him. Maybe he would get the message and pack his bags.

Posted by: MaineBBFan99 on Mon Feb 22nd, 2021 6:34 pm
mario_spaghettio wrote:

Would love to see one of his players go full Sprewell on him. Maybe he would get the message and pack his bags.

So, you`re advocating violence against a college basketball coach, right? Wouldn`t expect anything less from you, Mario. Tom, care to weigh in here? 

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Mon Feb 22nd, 2021 7:08 pm

UMBC is within a Basketball hot bed of Baltimore/DC/Northern VA.  This program has also done very well with transfers both juco and those from other programs. Many of their starters and key players this year are transfers (Kennedy, Eytle-Rock, Spasojevic).
Coach Barron seems to prefer 4 year players so Far in his tenure, although the 2 best players he has brought in (El Darwich & Prijovic) were transfers.

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Tue Feb 23rd, 2021 8:57 am

Tom this thread had wonderful thoughts and insight.  Then spaghettio spews violence against a Coach.  How soon we forget he had a role with Amy getting to where she is today.  I am with MaineBBF, he needs to be removed from posting.  We laready losy CIM and others, but I enjoy reading others thoughts that are much closer to the happenings than I.  Thank you.

Posted by: basketball_guy on Thu Feb 25th, 2021 1:50 pm

There appear to be a number of New England Prep School recruits in the State of Maine for the 2021 class. I would think UMAINE would have a reasonable shot of getting some of them. 

Recruits | New England Recruiting Report