Maine stance on resuming youth sports in yellow counties takes some officials by surprise

Maine stance on resuming youth sports in yellow counties takes some officials by surprise

from PPH story:

That’s not so, according to Kate Foye, spokeswoman for the state Department of Economic and Community Development.

“There seems to be a misconception that the color coding is for sports,” she said Tuesday. “It has nothing to do with athletics. We have had back-and-forth (conversations) about this, if a county is yellow what can you do for sports? The color coding is a tool of the Department of Education and does not apply to community sports.

“What we do say (when asked) is that if your county is yellow you should suspend group practices and competitions. But you’re not required to do that. … And different places are making different decisions.”

I actually feel sorry for the MPA.  We have Maine CDC, Department of Economic Development, DHHS, & Department of Education to name a few and no one can get the correct information to the MPA and ALL local Sports Clubs?  Mandate if you take a check, you have to take a firm stand, no suggestions or we think. 

I am telling you with a State that suffers from draining of its youth to other states, they remember these types Sh*t Shows.  As embarrasing article I have read since Covid hit the spotlight.

NEW PODCAST! — Coach Ryan Deschenes GNG talks to the pod about the color designations of counties in Maine and the unfairness to players, and more

DHHS Commissioner discusses county color designation and sports