How is CIM?

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Wed Jan 13th, 2021 3:47 pm

Hi CIM.  Understand completely about taking time away from your analysis, BUT was hoping if you have a KC Jones story to share we would love to read it.  KC was very close with Skip Chapelle and you with Gavett, so hoping a story or two could be told.

I read in junior high Bill Russll`s book Go Up For Glory.  He talked about even though he was poor, KC was poorer.  They use to get carboard boxes and cut out insoles to keep KC`s feet somewhat dry as the outer soles worn thru.  I got my Covid shot yestSmileerday along with all the residents and many staff.  Need a nice feel good read CIM. 

Posted by: Archer Bunker on Wed Jan 13th, 2021 8:17 pm

Glad to hear that you are ok Cimmie as I was wondering myself as to how you were. I pretty much am doing the same as you with the way the world is right now. I don`t talk politics to much but I will be happy when this country gets it`s new leadership. Stay safe Cimmie and all the rest of you MBR`ers too.

AB

Posted by: bcbc55 on Thu Jan 14th, 2021 2:37 pm
Archer Bunker wrote:

Glad to hear that you are ok Cimmie as I was wondering myself as to how you were. I pretty much am doing the same as you with the way the world is right now. I don`t talk politics to much but I will be happy when this country gets it`s new leadership. Stay safe Cimmie and all the rest of you MBR`ers too.

AB

Good to hear from you AB. CIM

Posted by: bcbc55 on Thu Jan 14th, 2021 2:43 pm
ExpoEddie wrote:

Hi CIM.  Understand completely about taking time away from your analysis, BUT was hoping if you have a KC Jones story to share we would love to read it.  KC was very close with Skip Chapelle and you with Gavett, so hoping a story or two could be told.

I read in junior high Bill Russll`s book Go Up For Glory.  He talked about even though he was poor, KC was poorer.  They use to get carboard boxes and cut out insoles to keep KC`s feet somewhat dry as the outer soles worn thru.  I got my Covid shot yestSmileerday along with all the residents and many staff.  Need a nice feel good read CIM. 

EE: Still love that user name. The only KC-Bill Russell connection that I have is with my former Bangor High teammate Danny Drinon who went to Ventura Junior College in California from 1957-59 and then tranferred to University of San Francisco for the 1959-60 and 1960-61 season, He was the cqaptain his Senior Year, KC and Bill played the year before for USF that Drinon Transferred to USF.

From Maine to California. 

CIM

Posted by: football58 on Tue Jan 19th, 2021 2:34 pm
sewey76 wrote:

Good question.  I`ve wondered how my old high school teacher and coach is.  About a year ago Mainejeff, who is pretty much a snarky political hack with some basic knowledge of sports,  called Cim a racist. Maybe that`s why he hasn`t been back.  After that  I swore off commenting on this site although I check in from on occssion to get the latest on U Maine. When I saw this I just had to comment.   I concluded that this site is a club of about 8 to 10 regulars and the rest are not really welcome.  So I hope CIM is well but wouldn`t blame him he never visited this site again.  I probably won`t.   

sewey76 hit the nail on the head. These guys all live in their mothers` basements and ridicule anyone posting a differing opinion. Their number one rule is "Thou shall worship the feet of Amy Vachon And all of the foreigners on the UMaine women`s basketball team."

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Tue Jan 19th, 2021 2:50 pm

You can`t field a roster of all Maine natives and be competitive any more. It`s not 1985. Good teams recruit all over the globe to find the best players. Not a new concept

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Jan 19th, 2021 3:16 pm
football58 wrote:

sewey76 hit the nail on the head. These guys all live in their mothers` basements and ridicule anyone posting a differing opinion. Their number one rule is "Thou shall worship the feet of Amy Vachon And all of the foreigners on the UMaine women`s basketball team."

Trump lost....get over it.

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Tue Jan 19th, 2021 4:34 pm

Please.  This was an honesy post to know how CIM was.  Lord knows I posted a few assinie comments early on.  Thank goodness Kevin Millington was gracious enough to accept my apology in person.  We learned CIM is surviving Covid and just like Maverick, he will engage when time is right.

Personalyy I appreciate when my thoughts are reflected upon and differing views challenge my thought process or flat out say they disagree.  One need not tear down EE to make these points however.   

Posted by: MaineBBFan99 on Tue Jan 19th, 2021 5:03 pm
football58 wrote:

The xenophobia is strong with this one.