UMaine women`s BB 20-21:

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sat Jan 16th, 2021 4:24 am

Millan credits her dad as biggest basketball inspiration

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sun Jan 17th, 2021 2:44 am

highlights from today`s victory at UAlbany!

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sun Jan 17th, 2021 4:13 am

4 players with double figures as Blanca Millan & Maeve Carrol had 16/5Rebounds each

Posted by: fafan on Sun Jan 17th, 2021 1:49 pm

Maine with a 63-47 sweep of the Great Danes. Blanca with 27 pts, Maine had a 16pt lead at the half but the Great Danes cut it to 6 in the 4th but Maine regrouped and won it easily, nice weekend.

Posted by: mainejeff on Sun Jan 17th, 2021 3:38 pm

A sweep at Albany is huge.  They aren`t very good but they always play Maine tough.

Posted by: MaineBBFan99 on Sun Jan 17th, 2021 10:56 pm

Great sweep by Maine this weekend at the dreaded SEFCU Arena. Yes, these aren`t the Shereesha Richards or Imani Tate-led Great Danes from last decade, but still, credit to the Black Bears for two solid victories against a team they didn`t expect to play until later in the month. 

Also, congratulations to Dor Saar for breaking Cindy Blodgett`s career 3-pointers record! She is also on the cusp of passing Blodgett for second all-time in career assists. With apologies to Amy Vachon, I really think an argument could be made for Saar being the best Maine point guard of all-time. Yes, she will likely finish a couple hundred assists shy of Vachon`s all-time assist mark, but 1) Saar is arguably a bigger scoring threat and 2) per Don Shields, Saar`s assist to turnover ratio of 1.94 is the best in Maine history (I assume there is some minimum threshold for assists necessary to qualify)... I think Vachon`s is in the neigborhood of 1.6-ish. Even if you don`t think she is Maine`s point guard GOAT, she is certainly in the top two or three. 

Anyway, congrats to Saar and the Black Bears on a great weekend! Off to Binghamton next weekend for (hopefully) another sweep!

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Mon Jan 18th, 2021 4:13 am

Black Bears pick up fifth-straight win, complete sweep at UAlbany

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Mon Jan 18th, 2021 4:15 am

Dor Saar becomes Maine`s all-time 3-point leader with 220 triples in her career!

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Mon Jan 18th, 2021 4:17 am

record-breaking 220th career three-pointer!