Alfond Money

Posted by: hoopsisme on Wed Dec 9th, 2020 4:12 pm

The cost to build will just go up. Here`s to hoping they don`t screw this up!!

Posted by: fafan on Sat Jan 23rd, 2021 11:00 am

We are coming up on 4 months since the Alfond announcement was made to donate 90million to athletic facilities. AD Ralph has indicated it would not be long to made public how the money will be spent.

Have to believe to help in recruiting coaches would love to share to what upgrades will be made to facilities. Maybe they already have???

Read that maybe an announcement is forthcoming when students are back on campus, let`s hope so, fans really want to know, not mention recruits.

Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Jan 23rd, 2021 4:28 pm

I think that we will hear something around March....after basketball and hockey seasons are done.  Even though this money has been donated....they are being cautious in how this is perceived by the public during a pandemic....not exactly a great time to annouce new facilities when fans haven`t been able to attend athletic events in almost a year.  That being said....life goes on and anything announced now won`t see completion until at least 2023 or 2024.

Posted by: fafan on Tue Jan 26th, 2021 4:44 am

https://929theticket.com/ken-ralph-on-umaine-athletics-pause-schedule-shuffling/

At the end of this interview with AD Ralph is asked about the reveal of the Alfond monies and they were ready in November and December but did not feel right doing it with no students on campus so now it will be done in Mid February, whaaaat????

Marketing firms will be used in the reveal and shovels could be in the ground the summer of 2022 says Ralph.

Posted by: mainejeff on Thu Feb 11th, 2021 7:09 am
fafan wrote:

https://929theticket.com/ken-ralph-on-umaine-athletics-pause-schedule-shuffling/

At the end of this interview with AD Ralph is asked about the reveal of the Alfond monies and they were ready in November and December but did not feel right doing it with no students on campus so now it will be done in Mid February, whaaaat????

Marketing firms will be used in the reveal and shovels could be in the ground the summer of 2022 says Ralph.

Hey it`s almost "mid-February"!Wink

Posted by: thebam on Sat Feb 13th, 2021 10:11 am

Mark your calendars boys and girls. February 17th is the big day we find out where the money is going. 

Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Feb 13th, 2021 10:32 am
thebam wrote:

Mark your calendars boys and girls. February 17th is the big day we find out where the money is going. 

I like the architectural firm that they used....they`ve designed some great buildings and spaces for cold weather climates.

Posted by: parquetfloor on Sat Feb 13th, 2021 10:34 am
mainejeff wrote:

I like the architectural firm that they used....they`ve designed some great buildings and spaces for cold weather climates.

I haven`t seen the name of the firm. Can you give some examples of things they have done? I would love to check them out. Thank you in advance.

Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Feb 13th, 2021 5:28 pm
parquetfloor wrote:

I haven`t seen the name of the firm. Can you give some examples of things they have done? I would love to check them out. Thank you in advance.

https://jlgarchitects.com/projects/category/sports