Alfond Money

Posted by: redbird007 on Mon Mar 1st, 2021 7:34 pm
mainejeff wrote:

I know that they are just renderings but I noticed a "mistake" with the football stadium.  In the new rendering with no track....the seating on the home side has the same pitch that it currently has.  In order to bring the seating closer to the field after the track is removed....the entire lower half of the stadium will have to be rebuilt and the pitch of the seating will change....it should become less steep.  I wonder if this will be rebuilt with concrete?

Why do people keep thinking that the main grandstand is going to be moved in some way? The plan clearly states that the field will be moved closer to the main grandstand and the visitors grandstand will be "moved" (rebuilt, actually).

Posted by: mainejeff on Mon Mar 1st, 2021 9:47 pm
redbird007 wrote:

Why do people keep thinking that the main grandstand is going to be moved in some way? The plan clearly states that the field will be moved closer to the main grandstand and the visitors grandstand will be "moved" (rebuilt, actually).

Will the track be removed before this fall?

Posted by: dunbar on Tue Mar 2nd, 2021 7:31 am

It`s been almost ten years, cen we get this right?

Stop calling it the visitors side. That`s extraordinarily high school. It`s the east grandstand. 

Posted by: parquetfloor on Tue Mar 2nd, 2021 8:49 am

Visitor`s grandstand is just fine. If you were to go to any other stadium, they will say visitor`s side, grandstand or section. Who cares? You do sometimes pick the oddest battles. 

Posted by: dunbar on Tue Mar 2nd, 2021 9:01 am
parquetfloor wrote:

Visitor`s grandstand is just fine. If you were to go to any other stadium, they will say visitor`s side, grandstand or section. Who cares? You do sometimes pick the oddest battles. 

Visitors section is in L. Students aren`t visitors. 

Posted by: parquetfloor on Tue Mar 2nd, 2021 9:37 am
dunbar wrote:

Visitors section is in L. Students aren`t visitors. 

Thank you

Posted by: dunbar on Tue Mar 2nd, 2021 9:41 am
parquetfloor wrote:

Thank you

You`re welcome!

Posted by: BearDown on Tue Mar 2nd, 2021 3:15 pm
mainejeff wrote:

Will the track be removed before this fall?

No, I don`t believe so. It was not mentioned in their immediate plans from what I remember.

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Mar 2nd, 2021 3:34 pm
BearDown wrote:

No, I don`t believe so. It was not mentioned in their immediate plans from what I remember.

So they will install new turf for Fall of 2021 and then again when the field & facilities are renovated in 5-10 years?  Kinda makes you wish that they had done it 3 or 4 years ago.

redbird007 seems to know it all....maybe he can explain.