so what can we do ....

Posted by: rasputin on Fri Sep 11th, 2020 12:04 pm

As of Sept. 10th there are 19 states that have no fall football, 11 of them postponned till spring.  

https://www.nfhs.org/articles/sports-seasons-modifications-update/

Our biggest mistake was to wait so long to postpone.  We should have seen this comming.  

So what I can do now is have my boy get a job and if there is a season in the spring than he will play.  If not he misses his senior year playing but life will go on.  

Posted by: augie on Fri Sep 11th, 2020 10:45 pm
rasputin wrote:

As of Sept. 10th there are 19 states that have no fall football, 11 of them postponned till spring.  



https://www.nfhs.org/articles/sports-seasons-modifications-update/



Our biggest mistake was to wait so long to postpone.  We should have seen this comming.  



So what I can do now is have my boy get a job and if there is a season in the spring than he will play.  If not he misses his senior year playing but life will go on.  

You are exactly what the state wants. They tell you what to do and then just fall in line. 

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sat Sep 12th, 2020 5:00 am

Which State is not allowed to play Football?  

** Please do not let bureaucrats run your lives .. Families need to STAND up before you loose more than just football **  

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sat Sep 12th, 2020 5:18 am

New York Times: ‘up to 90 percent’ of positive COVID cases don’t need to isolate

Posted by: rasputin on Sat Sep 12th, 2020 4:38 pm
augie wrote:

You are exactly what the state wants. They tell you what to do and then just fall in line. 

You  couldn`t be more wrong.  You have no idea of my stand on what the Govenor,  or the orange guy in Washington for that matter is. 

My point was anyone should have seen this was going to happen.  My biggest fear was the season starting and getting 2 or 3 games in and start having games cancelled.  We only have a 6 games season this fall.  It would have ended up beig 3 or 4 weeks.  Utah I know has had games cancelled since week 1.  How many games can you cancell before it is not a season anymore.

Talk about spring football,  fall baseball started months ago.  Anyone with any forsight should have just rescheduled it months ago.  We had to sit around and argue and pout about it till it was too late to schedule some spring sports for this fall.  

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sun Sep 13th, 2020 5:58 am

A crowd of 50+ @ELHSEDDIES football supporters took to the Longley Bridge on Saturday

Posted by: lovethegame on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 12:19 pm

This is what happens rasputin when we live in a state that is stubborn and doesn`t like change. When change is forced upon you and the alternatives are better and make more sense than what has always been done or is thinking about being done due to drastic circumstances. Several groups of rule makers would rather sit around tables on numerous different occasions and argue about whatever they can, waste time, and then pass the buck because they couldnt agree and come up with reasonable alternatives.

The state should have automatically had baseball and softball this fall and set football and volleyball to the spring. Winter sports are a whole different situation. We all hope they can be played, but realistically they`re probably going to get canceled because most every sport is inside and draws crowds in confined spaces.

The state and most underlying authoritative bodies need to grow backbones and say this is how it`s going to be and that`s it. It`s the same old story all over again just with a pandemic instead of complaining parents and community members.

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Mon Sep 14th, 2020 3:07 pm

Dirigo shutting down and St. Dom`s for in-school classes.  This is the tip of the iceberg.  Senior housing, nursing homes and hospitals have made the necessary changes.  Maine needs to put a hecka lot more resources in figuring out how are we going to educate AND play sports.

This should be priority one, our future is with these kids not being a lost generation. 

Posted by: rasputin on Thu Oct 15th, 2020 11:42 am
rasputin wrote:

You  couldn`t be more wrong.  You have no idea of my stand on what the Govenor,  or the orange guy in Washington for that matter is. 



My point was anyone should have seen this was going to happen.  My biggest fear was the season starting and getting 2 or 3 games in and start having games cancelled.  We only have a 6 games season this fall.  It would have ended up beig 3 or 4 weeks.  Utah I know has had games cancelled since week 1.  How many games can you cancell before it is not a season anymore.



Talk about spring football,  fall baseball started months ago.  Anyone with any forsight should have just rescheduled it months ago.  We had to sit around and argue and pout about it till it was too late to schedule some spring sports for this fall.  

This could have been our scenario 

From Aug. 27 through Sept. 19, when it was only UIL schools in Class 4A and below playing, a total of five Dallas-area games were canceled. Since 6A and 5A schools started playing games Sept. 24-26, there have been more than 50 football games canceled or postponed in the Dallas area alone, including 46 that were scheduled for last week or this week, as of noon Friday. Look around the state, and you’ll see a similar spike.