Maine football 2020-2021

Posted by: BearDown on Fri Apr 9th, 2021 2:45 am

FYI, I reached out to Flo Sports and they gave me a refund for this month given Maine`s season was canceled. Their product stinks but honestly, pretty happy with their customer service. I was on a month to month subscription.

Posted by: fafan on Fri Apr 9th, 2021 4:56 am

Bear down, how did you reach out to Flo sports, I made the mistake of signing up for a year and could not figure out away to contact them?  I went thru my credit card company, still had not heard anyting. Thanks for the help.

Posted by: BearDown on Fri Apr 9th, 2021 5:18 am

I had to do a bit of digging but eventually landed HERE. Fill that out with as much detail as possible.

Posted by: mainejeff on Fri Apr 9th, 2021 7:42 am
fafan wrote:

Bear down, how did you reach out to Flo sports, I made the mistake of signing up for a year and could not figure out away to contact them?  I went thru my credit card company, still had not heard anyting. Thanks for the help.

I cancelled my month to month right on their site under my account info.  If you have a year....that would cover the fall season, no?

Posted by: BearDown on Sun May 2nd, 2021 1:24 am

I don`t want to say "I told you so"...The portal is gonna siphon a lot of the best talent from UMaine, and similar teams, in the years to come. I`m sure Dre Miller is on-deck (hopefully bc he transferred in here he`s somehow "locked in"). Good for them I guess but what a spot these kinds of moves leave our team in...not just the talent leaving, but the psyche these moves leave on the program. No longer is it "Get good so the team wins the conference and goes to the playoffs."...it`s more like "Get good so I can leave for someplace better."

https://www.foxbangor.com/bangor-local-sports/former-umaine-captain-stevens-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal-after-5-seasons-in-orono/?fbclid=IwAR3_W2quoCdqSvBmvRLsmJezVfs3tpbI4-B6s-_TnCi1g_O66VG6oHcCLLo

Posted by: mainejeff on Sun May 2nd, 2021 8:30 am

Honestly, 6 years in Orono would be like some type of punishment.....this should not come as a surprise.  I bet that Delaware and JMU will lose more/better players than Maine does in years to come.

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Sun May 2nd, 2021 1:24 pm

Let`s look at who is leaving. Myles Taylor lost his rover linebacker starting spot to Ori Jean-Charles before Ori got hurt. Maine has Xavier Nurse, Kolin Demens among others who could fill that position in the fall. Mike Lee-Joseph was here for a semester, transferring up from Pace a D2 school. He got a little bit of playing time, but Maine has plenty of safety depth with Ambush, Bazzie, Riobe, Rich Carr and Eric Robertson who was an opt out. He wasn`t cracking the lineup, probably a special teams guy. Stevens was here for 5 years. I think he really should take his talents directly to the CFL. If he plays well there he could get an NFL shot in a few years. His loss will be the only one that really effects the team. His leadership will be missed along with his big play abilities. This opens up a spot for one of the young guys on the roster. Charlton has recruited that position before covid knowing that he was leaving.

Miller has a chance for a special season in the fall. He`s not going anywhere. He`s Maine`s clear number 1 receiver and is already on NFL scouts radar. His family is here and his girlfriend is on the field hockey team at Maine. He is not going to risk a transfer where he may not be the go to guy and scouts would have the chance to poke holes in his game. I just don`t see that at all.

Posted by: BearDown on Sun May 2nd, 2021 2:19 pm

I think people are missing the point here, it`s not the numbers game I`m concerned about. We`re losing arguably our best defensive player, who was an established leader, to transfer. What do you think that does for the team`s culture down the road? It lays the path for more and more talent to leave. Football, perhaps more than any other sport, is all about "chemistry" within the organization. The transfer of Maine`s top talent is not a precedent that will lead to the team`s future success. Our best OL -gone. Our best Defensive player -gone. Our chances would be a whole lot better this Fall if we had those 2 guys. And the argument for "Hey, guys transfer in to Maine too -so it works both ways!" is dumb. Having our top talent leave and taking in lower tier FBS talent that couldn`t make it at that level, isn`t a recipe for success OR maintaining team chemistry. Sure, Reed had a great year at Buffalo, but clearly left there for a reason and did just OK here. The NIU transfer is non-existent now I guess? Like, WTH happened to him? Like I said, Maine and similar schools will suffer...it sucks.

Posted by: BearDown on Sun May 2nd, 2021 3:39 pm

Touchdown Ramon Jefferson!!!!

....for SHSU....

....in the Quarterfinals of the FCS playoffs....