Maine football 2020-2021

Posted by: MBR on Thu Jan 28th, 2021 4:59 am

Checking out some highlights

Posted by: MBR on Thu Jan 28th, 2021 5:00 am

Sophomore Joe Fagnano ....

Posted by: mainejeff on Thu Jan 28th, 2021 6:38 am

If the State of Maine doesn`t allow an outdoor sporting event with no fans to happen by March 13.......45+ days from now.......then we have some MAJOR issues with vaccine distribution and state leadership.  I mean.....they are talking about opening restaurants in NYC.  WTF?

Posted by: BearDown on Thu Jan 28th, 2021 4:30 pm

I can`t wait to see Fagano play for 1.5 more seasons before he enters the portal.  Exciting stuff.  Think about this....this time next year he could be gone.  The portal is gonna be a killer for us.

Posted by: MaineBlackBearFan on Thu Jan 28th, 2021 4:40 pm

If hundreds are allowed into Walmart at one time no reason Maine can`t host a Football game outside.  Bad enough Hockey can`t which is bullshit.

Posted by: fafan on Thu Jan 28th, 2021 9:53 pm
BearDown wrote:

I can`t wait to see Fagano play for 1.5 more seasons before he enters the portal.  Exciting stuff.  Think about this....this time next year he could be gone.  The portal is gonna be a killer for us.

Maine only lost two players to the portal this season, way better than most schools.

Still General Mills must rescind her not science restriction on gatherings of 50 people, it has killed hockey at UMaine and it will do the same to football. She has ended the 9:00pm curfew on dining so there is hope.

Posted by: dunbar on Thu Jan 28th, 2021 10:43 pm
fafan wrote:

Maine only lost two players to the portal this season, way better than most schools.

Still General Mills must rescind her not science restriction on gatherings of 50 people, it has killed hockey at UMaine and it will do the same to football. She has ended the 9:00pm curfew on dining so there is hope.

She`s really reacted poorly to her criticisms as of late. Between that and the easing of restrictions in other states that she has followed, I`m more optimistic than most. 

Keep an eye on vaccination and hospitalization rates. Remember, the goal is mitigation of the virus until the effect of the disease are minimal or manageable. It`s not a deadly virus, it`s a deadly disease. I think we`re finally starting to differentiate between the two. 

Posted by: MBR on Fri Jan 29th, 2021 5:14 am

Over the last 18 games he has played, Deshawn has 162 tackles, 19.5 tackles for a loss, and 10 sacks

Posted by: BearDown on Fri Jan 29th, 2021 2:17 pm
fafan wrote:

Granted, Josh Mack was a regular transfer before the portal but since then we`ve lost Chris Ferguson (starting QB), Dobson (our best OL), and Doak.  The portal is new and I can foresee Orono becoming the minor leagues for players with real talent.  I mean, make all the excuses you want for Fergie with Fagano on his heels, recovering from injury, etc. but...the facts are we lost 3 of our key players from the 2018 run and the leading rusher in FCS in 2017.  It`s starting to trend in a bad way.