Antonellis leaves Sea Dogs with many fond memories

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Mon May 4th, 2020 4:05 am
Antonellis leaves Sea Dogs with many fond memoriesMike Antonellis is waiting to start his new job as a play-by-play announcer for the Pawtucket Red Sox after 15 years in Portland....The PawSox – who will move to Worcester in 2021 – announced in March that Antonellis would join the broadcast team with Josh Maurer and Jim Cain.Working in Worcester brings Antonellis back to near where he grew up. He’s a native of Ashland, Massachusetts. He moved this offseason to Grafton, about 20 minutes from his parent’s home. The Ashland High and Framingham State graduate lives about 15 minutes from Polar Park, which is where the team will play next season.“I have a lot of friends and family in the area who are really excited about the team just because of the ballpark and what I think it will do for the community and kids,” Antonellis said. “So I’d been in correspondence with a lot of people who had said, ‘Jeez, it’d be great if you could work there.’ I thought about it, of course. How could you not? But I didn’t think it would happen, to be honest. A few things worked out and it did.https://www.masslive.com/redsox/2020/05 ... -2021.html