Umaine men`s BB 20-21:

Posted by: parquetfloor on Tue Jul 21st, 2020 10:37 am
mainejeff wrote:

Kinda hard to get excited for a season that might not happen....but I really like the progression of this program under Barron.

Agreed. This got me thinking...what will happen to the momentum we have seen in the building of this program if there isn`t a season? Does it help or hurt them? I really think they would have climbed up the ranks at least a couple of spots this year but alas, we most likely will not find out. 

Anyway, food for thought. I haven`t really given it a ton of thought yet but my first impression is that it won`t really affect them at all. 

Posted by: mainejeff on Wed Sep 16th, 2020 8:14 am

20-21 roster is finally up.....everyone is back & all signees are on the roster.

https://goblackbears.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Posted by: mainejeff on Wed Sep 16th, 2020 8:49 am

My projected line-up for whatever season ends up being played.....

Starters/Bench:

PG - Fofo/Prock

SG - Wright-Mcleish/Yagodin/Wiel

F - Larsson/Fleming

F - Prijovic/Iluyomade

F - Ingo/Antoms

Posted by: cantdothat on Fri Sep 18th, 2020 9:30 am

Play Veljko Radakovic

Posted by: UMaineSuperfan on Fri Sep 18th, 2020 12:10 pm

Jeff, I`d bet that Duhart is the backup PG in lieu of Prock.

I`d be interested to see ways to get more shooting on the floor...I don`t love the lack of shooting in the starting lineup outside of Prijovic.

Posted by: Blind Zebras on Sat Sep 19th, 2020 4:31 pm

shooting is the major question mark on this roster. Both Fofo & Wiel come labeled more as athletic slashers than shooters. Rumor had it that Maiwen & Bickford would be redshirts this season.  How game ready is Fleming? Everyone knows he can shoot, but he is making a big jump.  Duhart is a small scoring point guard who is probably not going to beat out Fofo.  We know Coach Barron prefers a taller lineup.  
Maine needs Wright-McLeish to improve his shot. Ingo and Radakovic also could help if they extend out to the 3.  Here`s my starting 5 and rotation:

PG- Fofo

SG- Wright-McLeish

SF- Prijovic

PF- Larsson

C- Ingo

Rotation-

Duhart

Radakovic

Ohko

Antoms
Fleming

Holding off on putting Solly on this until I see how healthy he is. I think Bickford will impress one camp and maybe not redshirt. I expect Wol to redshirt and continue to improve his perimeter skills.

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Tue Sep 22nd, 2020 3:15 pm

To me with a season that can start, stop, ?finish, end; Coach may want to red shirt Fleming too so he gets a full four years, draw for home games when spectators retrun in 21-22.

Plus the challenges on conditioning to add his bulk of at least 20 pounds may do better with a red shirt year.  But if Coach thinks he can playa legit 6 or 7 rotation role and will benefit from the upperclassmen,  he will be on the roster for sure. 

Posted by: MBR on Wed Sep 23rd, 2020 4:47 am

captains named..

Posted by: basketball_guy on Sat Sep 26th, 2020 9:22 am

Lets see under Barron

2018-19 - 5 wins 27 losses - Last Place Overall America East

2019-20 - 9 wins 22 losses - Last Place Overall America East

Perhaps its progress in a moral victory but in truth if he comes in last place at the end of the season this year I think UMAINE can do better. Not sure where this guy is headed honestly. Moral victories don`t count. 

That will be three years and frankly that is enough to make a Coaches evaluation on.