Umaine men`s BB 20-21:

Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Sep 26th, 2020 11:31 am

Did you even watch the games last season?

Posted by: parquetfloor on Sun Sep 27th, 2020 7:22 pm
basketball_guy wrote:

Lets see under Barron

2018-19 - 5 wins 27 losses - Last Place Overall America East

2019-20 - 9 wins 22 losses - Last Place Overall America East

Perhaps its progress in a moral victory but in truth if he comes in last place at the end of the season this year I think UMAINE can do better. Not sure where this guy is headed honestly. Moral victories don`t count. 

That will be three years and frankly that is enough to make a Coaches evaluation on. 

What Jeff said. Also, I really don`t know how much we can use this year to evaluate much of anything. Time will tell but this is a year like no other when it comes to pretty much everything. Lastly, 3 years is too soon. At least give someone 4 years. 

I mean, I saw a completely different team last year than we have seen in a long time. Anyone that has watched them play has to be of the opinion that the program is making positive strides and improving in several ways.

Posted by: basketball_guy on Sun Sep 27th, 2020 9:34 pm

Have they canceled the 2020-21 season. I saw strides last year I guess. I would admit changing coaches constantly is never good for any program but I would like to see them play 500 ball this year. Then I would agree. Right now I am not convinced however that playing 500 ball is even doable. With Covid stuff still on the agenda this year may not be the year to find out either. 

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Wed Sep 30th, 2020 4:56 pm

One past critisism has been not getting the best Maine kids.  Check that box under RB.  Next, expanding recruitment territory, especially for JC.  Check that box.  Quality assistants that stay.  Check that box.

If they could produce a 500 record in America East, that would clinch RB`s extended tenure.  Overall record should not be end all if they take gate/$ games, not sure this season how that happens, for the program to get much needed cash by playing power conference games. 

Posted by: MBR on Thu Oct 22nd, 2020 4:50 am

Virginia, Florida, Maine, and Saint Peter’s Take the Court November 25 and 27 in “Bubbleville” at  @MoheganSun

Posted by: MBR on Thu Oct 22nd, 2020 4:53 am

UMaine men`s basketball is headed to `Bubbleville` at Mohegan Sun  

Posted by: MaineFan2019 on Mon Oct 26th, 2020 1:32 pm

Maine`s depth took a hit this week with the loss of a key player and a couple injuries. Fingers crossed they have a season, but the extra practices arent neccesarrily a bad thing at this point. 

Posted by: parquetfloor on Mon Oct 26th, 2020 2:50 pm
MaineFan2019 wrote:

Maine`s depth took a hit this week with the loss of a key player and a couple injuries. Fingers crossed they have a season, but the extra practices arent neccesarrily a bad thing at this point. 

Who got hurt? And someone left? 

Very cryptic post

Posted by: MaineFan2019 on Mon Oct 26th, 2020 5:51 pm

Prijovic going back home to play professionally.