Former Windjammer McFarland forges career in event hosting,

Posted by: MBR on Tue Apr 14th, 2020 3:28 am
Former Windjammer McFarland forges career in event hosting, sports radio'I tell people I'm not a golf pro, I just play one on the radio.' — Peter McFarlandther of Paul, Tyler's father.CAPE ELIZABETH — Through lore, many likely see Peter McFarland as a golf pro.As the third chair on “The Morning Jab,” a weekday radio program based in Portland, McFarland often is called on for advice on the sport by listeners who have aspirations to improve their games or simply to find out who he feels is the favorite to win the Masters or U.S. Open.But, McFarland put it best: “I tell people I'm not a golf pro, I just play one on the radio.”“That is pretty darn close to the truth,” he said. “I never played high school golf and actually never swung a club until my junior year of high school. I was always too busy with other sports to give it a try.”The 51-year-old McFarland, a 1986 graduate of then Camden-Rockport High School, played soccer, basketball and baseball for the Windjammers.https://knox.villagesoup.com/p/former-w ... io/1856740