UM WBB Recruiting - 2021 & Beyond

Posted by: bcbc55 on Wed Apr 8th, 2020 12:45 pm
Vachon and her coaching staff somehow managed to help turn Carroll from a marginal player to an extremely efficient second team all conference selection, but it's all for naught and they suck at coaching since they didn't teach her a power layup. Cim has just become a parody of himself. Honestly more people on this board need to tell him how wrong he is or he'll never stop.
UMSF: I did not say thatit was all for naught and that they .... at coaching. They like many other coaches at all levels do not have the skill or experience to teach the power game because they were face the basket players not back to the basket players. In order to teach that game correctly you have to had experienced that game as a player unless you can learn from back to the basket player.Why do not see many teams at all levels with a good post up game. If you did then you would see better 3 point shooting as the inside pass to the block and a return outside pass to the open player at the 3 point line is the highest % shot for the three because the shooter is already squared and stationary facing the basket.
Posted by: UMaineSuperfan on Wed Apr 8th, 2020 12:59 pm
https://twitter.com/BlackBearsWBB/statu ... 7802261504you're just so so so silly
Posted by: bcbc55 on Wed Apr 8th, 2020 3:15 pm
https://twitter.com/BlackBearsWBB/status/1247645327802261504
you're just so so so silly
UMSF: I have been called much worse. However, when the one and done season or win or go home tournaments "living by the 3 you can die by the three", because "the ball seems to gets bigger and the rim seems to get smaller" with the pressure om making the 3's.Remember a couple of years ago when the Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics in a win or go home game for each went home on 14 for 74 for threes between them for 18.1%.
Posted by: UMaineSuperfan on Wed Apr 8th, 2020 3:29 pm
nobody in their right mind realistically expects Maine to win NCAA tournament games, so let's focus on the actual goal for each season: Win the America East.In that "competition", Maine has gone 40-8 the last three seasons and 8-0 (that's an undefeated record if you're scoring at home) in those one-and-done games. Not sure what else you want.Here's what Bob is really saying, to those of you who are still reading his drivel:I want my post players to do everything perfectly exactly the way I tell them to and if they don't have every move in the playbook they're just not good and the coaches suck, even if they're an all conference player with no other frontcourt help who shot over 50% from the floor and whipped the competition in back to the basket situations and I'll never ever ever ever give Amy Vachon credit (keep in mind he used to call her Aimee, which is utterly ridiculous) or give up on my opinion even if it's directly refuted by mounds of evidence
Posted by: bcbc55 on Wed Apr 8th, 2020 5:14 pm
nobody in their right mind realistically expects Maine to win NCAA tournament games, so let's focus on the actual goal for each season: Win the America East.
In that "competition", Maine has gone 40-8 the last three seasons and 8-0 (that's an undefeated record if you're scoring at home) in those one-and-done games. Not sure what else you want.
Here's what Bob is really saying, to those of you who are still reading his drivel:
I want my post players to do everything perfectly exactly the way I tell them to and if they don't have every move in the playbook they're just not good and the coaches suck, even if they're an all conference player with no other frontcourt help who shot over 50% from the floor and whipped the competition in back to the basket situations and I'll never ever ever ever give Amy Vachon credit (keep in mind he used to call her Aimee, which is utterly ridiculous) or give up on my opinion even if it's directly refuted by mounds of evidence
UMSF: You are entitled to your opinion, But you are not a mind reader. I never said Vachon was not a good coach. She is the best in the AE Conference. I think Maine could be expected to win a NCAA Big Dance game once in awhile, but they don't (except when they beat Stanford) is because the other higher seeded teams usually have BIGS that Maine cannot handle defensively so they usually get beaten fairly easily."What floats your basketball boat doesn't necessarily float my basketball boat" or "Different basketball strokes for different basketball folks".You don't have to get nasty, just be a gentlemen and agree to disagree in a positive manner.
Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Apr 25th, 2020 8:54 pm
[size=150:1yva5yla]Seraphina "Sera" Hodgson[/size:1yva5yla] has committed to Maine!
Posted by: turkeyman on Mon May 11th, 2020 12:37 pm

Wbb roster is out for next season, showing 14 players. It looks like a European roster, in a different sense than just the number of offshore players, in that all the available numbers through 23 are taken. Numbers 11 (Heather Ernest). 14 (Cindy) and 24 (Jamie Cassidy) have been retired. 

Glad to see Olivia Rockwood take No. 1. It seems not many female players choose No. 1, for some reason, but it always indicates a bit of swagger to me. Last Maine woman I can recall who wore No. 1 was Melissa Heon (2000-04), but there may have been someone else in between.

If Lexi Mittlestadt (Mount Blue) is still a PWO, two scholarships are still in play. I`d guess that the coaches won`t burn another this year unless a grad-transfer with skills and experience comes available to fill a hole. Seems like a lot of transfers this year, especially among the P5 teams. With a big senior class (Maeve, Dor, Kelly, Blanca, Fanny) and a big freshman class coming in this year and going out in `24, the coaches will need to add strong classes in `21, `22 and `23. This may not be an opportunity to take a chance on a player who needs a lot of work to develop to DI level.

Bob Neal, New Sharon

Posted by: mainejeff on Tue May 12th, 2020 7:38 pm

Isabella King committed to Bucknell today.  Bummer.

Posted by: UMaineSuperfan on Wed May 13th, 2020 12:21 am

Bummer indeed. I think she has the opportunity to be a really solid four year player with versatility on the wing. Maine has done a good job making inroads into the Crusaders program, so hopefully they can keep going back to that well.

Saw Gemma from PHS (call back!!!) committed to Northeastern the other day...those Firecrackers are darn near impossible to keep in state! Good for her. What a journey!