2020 - 2021 Baseball

Posted by: maine612 on Tue Jan 28th, 2020 11:29 am
Wow, only a couple weeks to baseball! Haven't seen much chatter on the club. Anyone have any quick initial information? Are we expected to be any good? Schedule looks shorter and lighter than in years past? I could be imagining it. Hoping for a better preconference record this year. Let's fire up Churchill on the radio and get started.612
on Tue Feb 11th, 2020 8:44 am
I honestly don't know what to think. The non conference schedule is better so there is some chance for some early success for these guys. Sardinis is just a stud. He will be the MVP of the team. Joe Bramanti won't be far behind him. I have concerns about the pitching staff. Overall I just don't see a ton of experience so there could be some growing pains. Outside of DeLatie , who will be their best pitcher, some other guys are going to have to step up and really get it done. I expect Matt Geoffrion to have a bounce back season. He was good as a freshman and I was excited to see him last year and he didnt' have nearly as good stats. Nearly all of their starting pitching from last year is gone, so it's hard to really evaluate how good this years starters can be. I suspect Nick Sinacola will be a pivotal part of the rotation. He showed flashes of brilliance last year and also flashes of being a freshman. Overall I think he will be really good. Time will tell We might have to wait a weekend or 2 and see who settles into those spots and evaluate it then. The overall bottom line is that this team didn't have much offensive production last year ( nobody hit .300) and the pitching struggled. So, it doesn't take a genius to decuce that someone other than Sardinis and Bramanti need to come to the plate and deliver and some guys need to go out and take those pitching slots. I am cautiously optimistic simply because of the lack of experience overall. I am going to Missouri St. in a few weeks to see them in person. I hope people will take opportunities to go and support these guys regardless. 3 days until Game 1.. maybe the Bangor Daily will have a preview of this team at some point before then? They will have 1000 people covering the HS tournament , maybe they can find 1 guy to spend the day with Coach Derba and the team ..
Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Feb 11th, 2020 9:40 am
Maine has 4 home games after April 21.....terrible. Honestly I think it's time for Maine's AD (who is he again? :roll: ) to go to the league and just tell it like it is. While Maine should not get "special treatment"....let's get real. How does America East schedule only 1 home series in Orono over the last 4 weeks of the season?!?!?!??? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Posted by: maine612 on Tue Feb 11th, 2020 10:24 am
Thanks gents. Looking forward to the first radio broadcast of the year. Always a sure sign that spring is around the corner. Should be fun to see how this young club performs.612
Posted by: mainejeff on Tue Feb 11th, 2020 3:03 pm
https://bubearcats.com/news/2020/2/10/r ... mplex.aspx
Posted by: maine612 on Tue Feb 11th, 2020 3:13 pm
wow. That looks legit.612
Posted by: fafan on Tue Feb 11th, 2020 3:45 pm
https://bubearcats.com/news/2020/2/10/record-60-million-gift-will-fund-new-baseball-stadium-complex.aspx
Well this had to have been Binghamton's most famous sports alumnus, Tony Kornheiser of PTI fame ;) :lol: