coaching changes

Posted by: mbrradio on Sun Mar 8th, 2020 9:50 pm
Emerson left Poland for a job at Bates
Posted by: mbrradio on Mon Mar 9th, 2020 9:16 pm
Forrmer Dirigo assistant, who also spent more than two decades at Mt. Blue, will lead @DirigoAthletics into first season of eight-man football. Also, @PRKnightNation is looking for a new coach after the resignation of Spencer Emerson: https://t.co/ZvWBU7kwXx
Collins isn’t as familiar with eight-man football as he is with Dirigo, but he was researching it even before the Maine Principals’ Association implemented it last year. Two years ago, he saw New York state’s version of it at Syracuse University’s Carrier Dome while visiting his son Isaac, who is stationed at nearby Fort Drum. Last fall, he watched a handful of eight-man games around the state.Because Dirigo canceled its varsity season during the season, the school initially lost its varsity eligibility for two years, but the MPA granted a waiver for a return to varsity football last January.Collins said he met with the team as well as the eighth-graders who expect to join the program next fall and came away encouraged with the enthusiasm for eight-man football. He estimated he has 14 current underclassmen and another 10 incoming freshmen planning on playing.The MPA is expecting as many as 26 schools to play next fall, more than double the 10 that played in its inaugural season. It has already voted to divide eight-man into two classes, with separate state championships for large and small schools. Dirigo, with an enrollment of 219, was tentatively placed in the small-school division in January, but the MPA isn’t expected to finalize the alignment until later this month.[u:xxadh30v]EMERSON RESIGNS AT POLAND[/u:xxadh30v]For the second time in as many years, Spencer Emerson has stepped down as varsity football coach at Poland.Emerson resigned to become an assistant football coach at Bates College, where he served as an assistant coach for one season prior to becoming Poland’s head coach in 2018.
Posted by: mbrradio on Mon Mar 9th, 2020 9:26 pm
[i:2bhw9x9o]Arthers resigns Brewer High teaching position, is out as head football coach[/i:2bhw9x9o]
Nick Arthers, the head football coach at Brewer High School since 2014, has resigned as a physical education teacher there and is no longer the football coach.

The Brewer School Committee accepted Arthers’ resignation on Monday night.

Brewer Superintendent of Schools Gregg Palmer said that in spite of Arthers’ resignation, he will be paid through the end of his contract, which expires in June.

Palmer would not discuss the reasons for Arthers’ resignation, calling it a private matter. Arthers did not respond to requests for an interview.

“We will try to cover his [physical education] position internally and will begin a search for a new football coach,” Palmer said. https://bangordailynews.com/2020/03/03/ ... all-coach/
Posted by: mbrradio on Mon Mar 16th, 2020 9:12 pm
“The Poland Regional Knights are pleased to announce Coach Bob Chaisson as the new leader of the Knights football program.”
Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sat Apr 4th, 2020 6:48 am
PPH article on John Hardy hire...Hardy says he’s ready to strengthen Deering football...Hardy, 27, has been a Deering assistant coach the past four seasons and is a health teacher at Lincoln Middle School.A native of Portland and 2011 graduate of Deering, Hardy was a Maine Sunday Telegram all-state pick as a senior after catching 51 passes for 924 yards and nine touchdowns. As a walk-on at Maine, Hardy red-shirted his freshman year, appeared in a total of three games the next two seasons, and then played in every game as a junior, primarily as the holder for place-kicks. As a senior, he started every game as a slot receiver and was the team’s third-leading receiver with 22 catches.“Really my junior and senior years at UMaine, I knew I would want to be a coach and I got passionate about teaching as well, so I really started to watch the coaches to see how they handled discipline, how they ran drills, how they would deal with different ability levels,” Hardy said.https://www.pressherald.com/2020/03/10/ ... -football/
Posted by: Tom Nolette on Tue May 19th, 2020 3:44 am

Brewer promotes Flagg to head football coach 

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Thu Jun 18th, 2020 4:25 am

Solomon announced as new Houlton head football coach 

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Fri Jun 19th, 2020 5:12 am

Shires hire a new coach .. 

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Thu Jun 25th, 2020 5:06 am

Gus Leblanc will man the helm of the gridiron Knights. 

Posted by: Tom Nolette on Tue Jun 30th, 2020 4:45 am

LeBlanc named head football coach at Waterville high