Class A Pick Em' (Semi-Finals)

Posted by: interloper on Sun Nov 10th, 2019 6:15 pm
I think Scarbrough needs to use Flaker more than they have this season.
Posted by: TAallday on Mon Nov 11th, 2019 7:01 am
Interloper, I agree. When we played them at Scarborough, I literally breathed a sigh of relief every time he did not touch the ball. That night, Cleary ran the ball well and hit some big ones over the top, but I think they're really vulnerable when he is not connecting through the air. Flaker needs at least 20 touches and/or targets in my mind. Galeckas and Cleary are good, but they won't take Scarborough to the promised land.
on Mon Nov 11th, 2019 9:18 am
4-0 last week. 43-5 for the season.TA 35 OH 14. Home field, experience, & talent should propel Trojans to 5th state game appearance since 2012.BE 21 Scarborough 20. Should be epic hard fought battle. Storm have won there before(2017) so shouldn't be intimidated. Cooper has slight edge over Johnson in coaching. Whoever makes fewer mistakes will win-weather looks to be clear and cold.
Posted by: Archer Bunker on Tue Nov 12th, 2019 8:09 pm
4-0 Last Week and 43-5 overall.My picks this week.......Thornton over Oxford Hills 42-14Bonny Eagle over Scarborough 35-14AB
Posted by: Details on Wed Nov 13th, 2019 9:18 am
4-0 last week and 42-6 for the year (picking with my heart didn't work a couple of times!!)Scarborough 30 BE 27 - This should be as tough and close of a game as there is. Both teams are good up front and have explosive players that can beat you on the ground and through the air. In their 1st matchup, Flaker was underutilized (I read somewhere he had like 5 or 6 touches! on offense). He is at least a 1TD difference maker and I think the Storm figure out a way to pick off Meredith late to hold on.TA 35 OH 10 - This is just where it makes sense the score would end up based on everything we've seen. Very likely TA scores on a late defensive TD or something as well to make it 42-14.OH needs to play a near flawless game to have a realistic chance. Zero turnovers and they need to be able to pass the ball as well as run it. That will be hard to do! Even when TA "struggles" against the top teams they only give up 2-4 TDs at the most, so scoring is at a premium for OH even if they play perfect!For TA, they really just need to do what they did the last time they played. Control the line of scrimmage (don't need to dominate it...just control it), rush for 150 yards, hit 1-2 big pass plays and they should have 28 on the board. Throw in a special teams TD or a "late game" extra TD and you get my final score.Final thought: OH needs to play perfect, be as good against the run as they were the first time around, and not give up the big play. TA needs to keep pounding (they almost broke 1-2 against OH the first time) and then setup up their play action. Control the game and win going away.
Posted by: TAallday on Wed Nov 13th, 2019 11:04 am
Details, I agree with you. I think another factor in the game could be health.I know that this year’s TA team has been one of the healthiest I’ve seen in the recent years. Oxford being down their QB does make a difference, but the backup looked good last week.If anybody for OHills is banged up, that begins to compound against a team who will punish you for four quarters. I heard Ofiero might be banged up a bit and I know other players have been out recently too. These little things add up.In the end, my prediction is that TA and Oxford both run the ball a bit more effectively, Oxford Hills due to Knightly’s ability and TA due to OH’s focus on the pass defense. I think OH plays a cleaner game, but still turns it over 1 or 2 times, which gives TA the edge at home.My prediction is 35-14 TA.
Posted by: football58 on Fri Nov 15th, 2019 12:34 pm
BE 28 Scar 20TA 45 OH 14
Posted by: rock33 on Sat Nov 16th, 2019 1:58 pm
TA up 42-0 at the half!
Posted by: rock33 on Sat Nov 16th, 2019 1:59 pm
TA up 42-0 at the half!