Top Ten (Post-Quarter/Semi Finals)

Posted by: Details on Mon Nov 11th, 2019 7:27 am
Copied and pasted from last week. The first "official" top ten did not change. The second list is edited a bit to reflect who is no longer in the playoffs.My official Top Ten (Season Success prioritized over head to head comparisons) - No changes from last week!1. TA - Class A #12. Marshwood - Class B #13. BE - Class A #24. Scarborough - Class A #35. Brunswick - Class B #26. Kennebunk - Class B #37. Leavitt - Class C#18. Winslow - Class C#29. Bucksport - Class D#110. WinthropMonmouth - Class D#2Top 20 (Who would beat Who head to head, regardless of records or Class) and are still alive in the playoffs1. TA - Beat #2, #3, and #4 on this list. Say what you want....2. Marshwood - We know they have the tools to be #1 on this list. Could claim the top spot if #1 slips, because Marshwood probably won't slip!3. BE - Beat the team below them. Only loss to #1.4. Scarborough - Talent and more grit than I thought. However, lost to #1 and #3.5. Brunswick - Showed some "chinks" against the pass. Would likely be favored against everyone below them.6. Kennebunk - The Rams aren't quite as strong up front as years past, but found a way to advance.7. Leavitt - Versatile team. Put them ahead of #8 because they have a great passing offense.8. Oxford Hills - 3 of 4 losses were against #1, #3, and #4. Nobody below #4 played as tough of a schedule!9. Lawrence - One hiccup against #5 on this list and now a rematch looms.10. York - Only loss against #7 on this list and a chance to avenge that loss this week.11. Winslow - Creeping up on the top ten. Another battle with MCI coming up!12. MCI - Works out great when two team about to play are back to back in this list!13. Bucksport - Shaping up to be a battle with #14 in two weeks.14. WinthropMonmouth - Handled Lisbon the first time around. Do it again and get to face the team ahead of them.15. Dexter - Moves into the discussion. An upset of Bucksport is needed to move up.16. Lisbon - WinthropMonmouth really controlled them earlier in the year. Maybe things have changed?17. Mt. Ararat - Put them here out of respect. Obviously, no 8 man team is beating an 11 man team!18. Old Orchard Beach - Again, some recognition for being one of the final 18 still standing.
Posted by: TAallday on Mon Nov 11th, 2019 7:31 am
Got curious and looked up who I listed as my top ten for the final preseason poll...really only one HUGE mistake by putting Falmouth/Greely in there quite high. I think Cony was due some respect heading into the year, but obviously aren't a top tenner now.1) Thornton Academy: Challenged themselves, looked good. Until someone beats them, they’re the top dog.2) Scarborough: I’ll take their experience and speed until they meet BE.3) Marshwood: Hawks have a chance to prove it against TA week two.4) Bonny Eagle: Bunch of tough skill kids and some good lineman along with Maine’s best coach.5) Falmouth/Greely: I think these guys will be solid on defense and explosive on offense.6) Sanford: With the return of Bickford, the Spartans might be able to prove something against TA on Friday.7) Oxford Hills: The Vikings are tough as nails and should improve as the season goes along.8) Kennebunk: I think the Rams proved to me that they have enough returning to be right there in B.9) Cony: These Rams return some serious skill and I think they're more diverse than Brunswick.10) Leavitt: The Hornets seem explosive on offense and solid on D. I'll show them some love.
Posted by: Details on Mon Nov 11th, 2019 7:44 am
Got curious and looked up who I listed as my top ten for the final preseason poll
Went back and looked at mine and had two teams that would have to switch with my current list:I also had FalmouthGreely (replace them with Lawrence).I had Wells at #10. (Brunswick has replaced them).Two things I recall from making that final list. Brunswick had just come off the exhibition with Oxford Hills and struggled a bit. Well, guess what we've learned....OH is pretty good against the run against everyone and in preseasons games you generally don't run the entire playbook! Brunswick likely made some adjustments, got better at what they do, and reeled off a great regular season. I still think an OH vs. Brunswick rematch today would be a helluva slobber-knocker for old school football fans. Both teams have tough front sevens and physical linebackers.The other was that Falmouth had just got done beating up EL pretty good in the second exhibition game. Well, looking back on where EL ended up, we can see that did not mean all that much.I'm pretty happy that I got 8 of 10 right in the preseason though.
Posted by: Archer Bunker on Tue Nov 12th, 2019 8:16 pm
My Top 10.......1. Thornton2. Bonny Eagle3. Marshwood4. Scarborough5. Brunswick6. Oxford Hills7. Leavitt8. Kennebunk9. Lawrence10. YorkAB
Posted by: Tackletrap on Thu Nov 14th, 2019 10:54 pm
Just my opinion on who is left standing:1.) Marshwood2.) TA3.) BE4.) Leavitt5.) Scarborough6.)Brunswick7.) OH8.) Lawrence9.)Winslow10.)Buvksport
Posted by: AVEFAN on Fri Nov 15th, 2019 8:22 am
Tackletrap not sure how you leave Kennebunk off your list when they have only lost to #1 and #3 on your list and have pretty much easily handled everyone else. But as you stated "just my opinion".
Posted by: TAallday on Fri Nov 15th, 2019 10:20 am
AVE,In his defense, he said "of those who are left standing"
Posted by: AVEFAN on Fri Nov 15th, 2019 10:52 am
I know Marshwood is heavily favored but they have not played the game yet which means Kennebunk is still standing.
Posted by: TAallday on Fri Nov 15th, 2019 12:23 pm
Wow, I'm an idiot...shows how little a chance I think they have. My bad.