What We Learned From Week 11

Posted by: TAallday on Sat Nov 9th, 2019 6:40 am
What are your thoughts after the quarterfinals (A) and semi-finals (B, C, D, and 8 man) in week 11?
Posted by: TAallday on Sat Nov 9th, 2019 6:50 am
Preliminary thoughts from me...-Marshwood was not PRIMED for anything but a dominant victory.-The entire A playoff was a joke. Beyond Sanford, who was depleted and unable to compete in the 4-5 game, no other team had a prayer of success.-Brunswick struggles in the B north semifinal...can Lawrence give them a scare in the final?
Posted by: Details on Sat Nov 9th, 2019 11:39 am
- Class A played out exactly like everyone thought at the beginning of the year really. The only potential "barn burner" of a 1st round playoff game was blown up due to Sanford's injuryteam issues. 1,2, and 3 were who we thought they were and the battle for #4 never really got to play out.- The closest game of the night was Kennebunk vs. Cheverus I believe. I think I saw Cheverus scoring a few, but I did not see Kennebunk scoring so few. Interesting...improvement for the Stags or has Kennebunk regressed? Injuries? Doesn't bode well for their rematch with Marshwood.- We all got taken by the Marshwood primed for an upset troll. Dammit. Noboby agreed with him, but we responded. Bah!- Knightly #15 for OH doesn't look like the passer that Soeren is, but he does add an element to the running game and is serviceable with his passing. Interesting food for thought for next week. OH will look a little different than the last time those two played.- Skowhegan showed improvement right through the end of last nights game. 29 points against that Brunswick D is something to build on for next year.- Leavitt, Lawrence, Bucksport....and all the rest...were who we thought they were!