Class A (Quarterfinal Results)

Posted by: TAallday on Fri Nov 8th, 2019 7:26 pm
A few updates...Sanford struggling without Shain, Levine, Bougie, and company...just fumbled, Vikings rumbling, Oxford Hills leads 7-0.TA up 35-0 in the first quarter on ELBE up early on Lewiston 14-0Canít find a scarborough score.
Posted by: TAallday on Fri Nov 8th, 2019 8:15 pm
TA up 63-0 at half on ELOxford Hills up 28-0 at half on SanfordBE up 34-0 at half on LewistonScarborough was up 27-3 at half on BangorAll four games seem well in hand...
Posted by: TAallday on Fri Nov 8th, 2019 8:58 pm
TA closed it out 63-0 against ELOxford Hills rolled to a 42-0 victory over SanfordBE and Scarborough both up huge on Lewiston and Bangor...Just like we thought at the beginning of the year, the big three dominate and Oxford Hills is the fourth best, grabbing a semi-final slot.
Posted by: gscott13 on Fri Nov 8th, 2019 9:08 pm
Combined score of all qf games with the third quarter of two games still to play 194-3... and TA scored all of their points in the first half before putting in the JV kids...
Posted by: tru1032 on Fri Nov 8th, 2019 10:33 pm
Very proud of the Oxford Hills Vikings! Second straight year in the Class A semi-finals! This senior class had 1 win in 8th grade and are now battling with some of the best in the state.Good effort by an obviously depleted Sanford team. They played hard to the end.
Posted by: TAallday on Sat Nov 9th, 2019 6:39 am
Tru,I couldnít agree more. Iíve witnessed the Viking community building this team and program over the last five or so years and Iím so proud of what theyíve attained. I think to be honest, the next three to five years could be even better.In terms of Sanford, I knew Shain would be our all week, but didnít want to say anything due to conflict of interest. The Spartans, without Levine and Shain especially, are just not the same team they could be. Beyond those two, they were missing four more guys on each side of the ball, which forced them to start something like 6 sophomores and 2 freshman. They battled, but it wasnít going to happen.
Posted by: Details on Sat Nov 9th, 2019 11:26 am
Nice job by OH last night doing what they had to do. What a surprise not to see #22 out there as he certainly gave OH fits earlier this year. Just got done watching the MBR replay of the game and yeah, Sanford was certainly undermanned. Too bad for them. Their team from weeks 1-3 was one of the best in the state.OH moves on to battle the Trojans. We will see if they can do anything to defend the pass better while not making such big adjustments that they get gashed on the ground. That will be the tough part for OH...they may be able to slow one down, but I don't think they can slow both facets of the game down.