Cheverus struggling to find co-op partner

on Tue Sep 17th, 2019 9:47 pm
Cheverus ice hockey teams struggle to find co-op partners: https://t.co/DwSSaPjJdn
Posted by: interloper on Wed Sep 18th, 2019 7:08 am
The superintendent of the Portland schools seems clueless about some of these issues. Portland-Deering has had a co-op hockey teams for both genders for more than a few years now. I have not heard anyone mention that either school has been able to go alone. In the closing paragraph, it mentioned that 2 co-op programs have disbanded for this year, I assume because of low numbers.. One has my favorite nickname, the mob. I know Biddeford was looking for a co-op, maybe those schools should contact each other.
Posted by: gscott13 on Thu Sep 19th, 2019 11:28 am
The MOB schools have all found dance partners for the upcoming year and are included in the co-ops that the Ice hockey committee will be voting on next Wednesday. Biddo is involved in one of those new co-ops.High school hockey is a mess right now. Save for a few programs, most cannot withstand a big graduating class. Cheverus graduated 12 core players two years ago and that was the beginning of their downturn. this past season saw the bulk of their scoring graduate.
Posted by: interloper on Thu Sep 19th, 2019 1:33 pm
I have heard that Biddeford is now the B in the mob. I don't know where BE is going.
Posted by: augie on Fri Sep 20th, 2019 8:54 am
I have heard that Biddeford is now the B in the mob. I don't know where BE is going.
really surprised Biddeford has such low numbers and a need to co-op.
Posted by: gscott13 on Mon Sep 23rd, 2019 11:36 am
Yep. BE is combining with the W/W team that was struggling with numbers as well.