manny traded for Jason Bay.

Posted by: stonemitt on Fri Aug 8th, 2008 4:06 pm
Seeing the sox claimed brian giles why DON'T they just sign bonds. I think he'd play for nothing at the chance to win a wild card trophy
Posted by: billzfan34 on Fri Aug 8th, 2008 4:17 pm
I think Giles was a block claim,but doesn't matter anyways, as Giles vetoed the claim and will remain a Padre. I'm sure Bonds would love to...but didn't Boston just get rid of their Bonds(minus the drugs)??
Posted by: stonemitt on Sat Aug 9th, 2008 8:19 am
I just hope I can remember the next time someone uses the name giambi and juice in the same sentence to mention the sox claimed Giles and he had them on a list of 8 teams he couln't be traded to in his contract. Don't you think billz the sox need another lefthanded hitting outfielder??????
on Sat Aug 9th, 2008 9:07 am
I just hope I can remember the next time someone uses the name giambi and juice in the same sentence to mention the sox claimed Giles and he had them on a list of 8 teams he couln't be traded to in his contract. Don't you think billz the sox need another lefthanded hitting outfielder??????
I know this was directed at billz...so this is coming from the peanut gallery. I don't think I'd want Giambi playing the outfield for the Sox.
Posted by: billzfan34 on Sat Aug 9th, 2008 9:58 am
The Sox have 2 and a half left handed outfielders now. I would think that would be plenty. I definitely wouldn't want Giambi in the outfield, nor at this point, would I want Bonds out there.I would,however,take Raul Ibanez from the Mariners in a heartbeat.
Posted by: stonemitt on Sat Aug 9th, 2008 6:13 pm
Your views are always welcomed by me coach. Just verify for me if you will that sox fans talking about giambi and juice is a different subject than him in the outfield :lol: . Billz, one and a half of them need to hit it twice to reach the wall
on Sat Aug 9th, 2008 8:14 pm
Your views are always welcomed by me coach. Just verify for me if you will that sox fans talking about giambi and juice is a different subject than him in the outfield :lol: . Billz, one and a half of them need to hit it twice to reach the wall
If Sox fans are talking about Giambi and The Juice (OJ) in the same breath, it's probably cause they're talking about individuals that are used to breaking rules. As far as Giambi playing the OF for the Sox...yeah...that's different!
Posted by: stonemitt on Sun Aug 10th, 2008 8:10 am
HHHHHMMMMM, one or both of us know it ain't the same-it's one of those the pot calling the kettle black thingy's only worse when you claim an admitted abuser. Just shows they think it's OK and it's one for the ammunition of the future bag.
Posted by: baseketball on Mon Aug 11th, 2008 6:59 pm
I haven't posted for a bit and I don't have much time now. Just wanted to say that I'm a Jason Bay fan and I think it was a good deal for all involved.Also I will finally admit that the Rays are legit.