Future Football Schedules

Posted by: mainejeff on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 10:19 am
parquetfloor wrote:

Wait, this is a guarantee game? 

Yes.

Posted by: mainejeff on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 10:20 am
thebam wrote:

when will Maine , once again, get a decent brand to come to Orono for a home game?  What will it take?

I would settle for a Holy Cross, Fordham or Monmouth.

Posted by: parquetfloor on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 10:47 am
mainejeff wrote:

Yes.

Do we know the details? I mean, shouldn`t the guarantee games be the bigger payouts at the FBS level? 

Posted by: dunbar on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 11:22 am
parquetfloor wrote:

Do we know the details? I mean, shouldn`t the guarantee games be the bigger payouts at the FBS level? 

Maine is getting $350K for NDSU in 2023 which is on par to what they are receiving on Satuday in Amherst. If you can get the same money from an FCS opponent as you would from a non-Power 5 school, why not?

Remember Maine has a two-for-one with Colgate to wrap up in 2022 and 2024 (in return for the trip to Hamilton in `19).

Posted by: mainejeff on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 11:37 am

I would hope that if Maine ever does the Alfond Stadium improvements and new locker rooms....maybe they can do a home & away with a premiere FCS program.....if any still exist.

Posted by: parquetfloor on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 12:17 pm
dunbar wrote:

Maine is getting $350K for NDSU in 2023 which is on par to what they are receiving on Satuday in Amherst. If you can get the same money from an FCS opponent as you would from a non-Power 5 school, why not?

Remember Maine has a two-for-one with Colgate to wrap up in 2022 and 2024 (in return for the trip to Hamilton in `19).

I understand the money from NDSU...they generate quite a bit of local TV/media revenue on their own so they have it to spend. Plus, it`s the FargoDome and clearly the big dog in all of FCS. Kind of a no-brainer. If Montana State is able to shell out that kind of dough, I`m pretty surprised. 

Also, I`d rather get the money from UMass because, well, they might as well be an FCS program and you can bus there, saving a substantial amount of money in travel thus pocketing more. 

Posted by: mainejeff on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 12:26 pm
parquetfloor wrote:

I understand the money from NDSU...they generate quite a bit of local TV/media revenue on their own so they have it to spend. Plus, it`s the FargoDome and clearly the big dog in all of FCS. Kind of a no-brainer. If Montana State is able to shell out that kind of dough, I`m pretty surprised. 

Also, I`d rather get the money from UMass because, well, they might as well be an FCS program and you can bus there, saving a substantial amount of money in travel thus pocketing more. 

A quick scan of Montana State box scores shows that they are averaging 19-20K per game this season....they can afford to pay guarantees.

Also....no one in FCS cares if we play UMass and UConn....they are THAT bad.  Playing at North Dakota State and Montana State keeps Maine relevant on a national level in FCS...and getting a win would pay big dividends in playoff seeding and recruiting.

Posted by: parquetfloor on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 12:34 pm
dunbar wrote:

Posted by: dunbar on Thu Nov 11th, 2021 7:29 pm
parquetfloor wrote:

Oh, absolutely. Paychecks and busses is a budget`s dream. The Boston College game next year is another great example of that as well. Hopefully they reschedule the Connecticut game as well. 

Next year`s schedule will be interesting considering the loss of James Madison. We usually see the CAA slate around this time.