PPH All-State team; Player of the Year: Courtney Sullivan

Posted by: MBR on Sun Apr 1st, 2018 5:18 am
PPH All-State team; Player of the Year: Courtney Sullivan[i:zg8qb2x6]The 12-player list includes four seniors, four juniors, two sophomores and two freshmen.[/i:zg8qb2x6]Emily Demers, Portland/Deering junior forward:Grace Dumond, Lewiston/Monmouth Academy/Oak Hill freshman defenseman:Evelyn Hinkley, Winslow/Gardiner senior forward: Abby Joy, Cape Elizabeth/Waynflete/South Portland senior goalie: Abby Lamontagne, Cheverus/Kennebunk sophomore forward: Avery Lutrzykowski, St. Dominic junior forward: Zoe Mazur, Cheverus/Kennebunk junior defenseman: Emma Merrill, Portland/Deering freshman defenseman:Bridget Roberts, Greely/Gray-New Gloucester senior forward: Camree St. Hilaire, Lewiston/Monmouth Academy/Oak Hill sophomore goalie: Courtney Sullivan, Greely/Gray-New Gloucester senior forward: [i:zg8qb2x6]COACH OF THE YEAR[/i:zg8qb2x6]Nate Guerin, Greely/Gray-New Gloucester: [i:zg8qb2x6]Read bios [/i:zg8qb2x6]https://www.pressherald.com/2018/04/01/ ... ckey-team/
Posted by: MBR on Sun Apr 1st, 2018 5:19 am
Courtney Sullivan, Greely/Gray-New Gloucester[i:tflu66tb]The senior forward scored three unassisted goals in the Rangers' 3-1 state championship win.[/i:tflu66tb]...Girls’ hockey is finally gaining some traction in Maine, thanks partly to standout players such as Sullivan, a senior who led Greely with 69 points (45 goals, 24 assists). She scored three unassisted goals in the Rangers’ 3-1 state championship win over Cheverus/Kennebunk, earning her Maine Sunday Telegram Player of the Year honors.“Courtney is a really special example for young girls playing hockey in Maine,” Greely Coach Nate Guerin said. “There are a lot of good players in the area who can help attract other young girls to the game so that, hopefully, girls’ hockey continues to grow.”Sullivan stands out for more than just her skill and speed. At 6 feet tall without skates on, she uses her frame and long reach to protect the puck and dictate the possession of the game.https://www.pressherald.com/2018/04/01/ ... loucester/