THE YANKS ARE COMING

Posted by: baseketball on Fri Jul 25th, 2008 10:47 pm
That strike 3 call on Lowell was one of the worst calls I've ever seen! Strike three on Ellsbury and strike two on Drew were pretty bad too. Rivera is getting strike calls the way some people used to claim Jordan got foul calls in basketball-based on his reputation. Still, Chamberlain was excellent and the Sox didn't get the job done.I'd have like to see Ellsbury lay one down with runners on 1st and 2nd and one out. With his speed he could beat it out and, since he is slumping, a sacrifice would be better than what he has been doing lately.Guess my bold prediction is off already!
on Fri Jul 25th, 2008 11:35 pm
Little Stones, you must care about my opinion because you took the time to respond....somehow those injuries aren't such a big concern anymore....only when it's convenient....you're so predictable.Chamberlain was too good tonight....yes, the home plate ump had a movie to catch, but still that was an impressive performance....although what's his beef with Youk ??But the real story is good ole Manny....if he doesn't play this weekend, he has no chance of returning next year. Manny being Manny may have worn out his welcome with the Fenway Faithful.
Posted by: stonemitt on Sat Jul 26th, 2008 5:02 pm
Dipshit, do moronic tendencies run amuck in your family or did those genes fall directly on your shoulders? Let me explain predictable to you= you say, "you can use the injuries as an excuse again". I say " show me where one time since 2001 on here that I have used injuries as an excuse". Predictable comes in when AGAIN YOU CAN'T ! I'd think you'd get tired of looking like a moron but then again they say the best part of being one is you don't know it. And again, responding doesn't mean I care what you think, I want you to know I enjoy the hell of it!! Toys are fun
on Sat Jul 26th, 2008 9:43 pm
Your actually under the impression your opinion matters to me? You should spend your time posting to people who care what you have to say
responding doesn't mean I care what you think, I want you to know I enjoy the hell of it!! Ok, which is it Little Stones....your first quote when you say you don't care what I have to say or the 2nd one, when you say you enjoy it ???? Like I said you're very predictable....if the Yanks sucked in the 2nd half, you would fall back on the injury excuse (I reposted it for ya in the Varitek Thread) but now that they're playing well, you can't stop posting....but to paraphrase a popular Red Sox saying the past 8 years, "that's just Little Stones being Little Stones".
Posted by: stonemitt on Sun Jul 27th, 2008 7:19 am
Your answer will be in the varitek topic. I have to much respect for baseketball to soil his topic like you do your underwear
Posted by: stonemitt on Sun Jul 27th, 2008 8:04 am
basketball-billz, did either of you think varitek should of been bunting in the 8th(gm 1) or understand the total shift with a runner on 3rd?
on Sun Jul 27th, 2008 12:50 pm
basketball-billz, did either of you think varitek should of been bunting in the 8th(gm 1) or understand the total shift with a runner on 3rd?
OMG Little Stones, you aren't 2nd guessing Tito are you ?? Or maybe they should have tried one of your famous run and hits because Tek is so good at that....LOL
Posted by: stonemitt on Sun Jul 27th, 2008 1:59 pm
your answer will be under varitek
Posted by: baseketball on Mon Jul 28th, 2008 10:52 pm
Lately I'm almost always thinking Varitek should bunt with a man on base and less than two outs since the result will surely be better than a strikeout, shallow popup or a double play, which is what he'll do if he hits away.I'd also like to see Ellsbury bunt more since he ha a good chance of getting a hit and at worst a sacrifice.I think bunting can help the player who is in a slump and therefore help his team.Even in middle school this year I had a kid who had been a good hitter who started striking out a lot. I had him bunt three times over two games and he got two hits and a base on error. His confidence came back and he ended the season hitting .385.