Masterson's first relief outing a success

Posted by: X31 on Thu Jul 31st, 2008 11:53 am
Baseketball, Billz=did you guys see pudge rodriques will be wearing pinstripes for Farnsworth!! Cashman is becoming Jesse James without the gun!! LOL
Between this one and the Nady/Marte acquisition, it’s good to know that collusion still runs rampant in baseball. Is there some sort of Jerry West/Memphis connection between these teams that we don’t know about? Oh well, I guess not every team can do it “the right way”, as we are used to around here - through a combination of development of homegrown talent, smart free agent signings, and yes, honest trades. Chalk it up to just another case of the Yankees being the Yankees.
Posted by: baseketball on Thu Jul 31st, 2008 5:03 pm
Both Farnsworth and Pudge seemed to be totally stunned by the trade (as did Girardi). I think this is an excellent deal for the Yankees. I'll miss seeing Farnsworth come in against the Sox because I always felt good about the BoSox chances when he was pitching.
I've missed your humor coachhawk, where you been? That 2 week tour with the wife-LOL?? Farnsworth has actually been better this season under Giradi, but I still shudder everytime he gets the ball. He's got the tools, I think he needs to be patted on the bad way to much for NY.
Nah...I've been hanging around the house enjoying retirement from posting...[img:ypm8jfa9]http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2008/07/29/17/838-Packers_Favre_Football.sff.standalone.prod_affiliate.4.jpg[/img:ypm8jfa9]Maybe I can get Tom to pony up $20 mil to have me stay in posting retirement.2 week tour - been there done that...all 5 made it back alive. Farnsworth has pitched better this year...I think the Yanks were lucky to get something for him.
Posted by: stonemitt on Thu Jul 31st, 2008 8:13 pm
We have an AROD and now an IROD, guess KROD would be in line to take over for Mariano EH?? If the price is right do you think he could be talked into a couple yrs as a setup man-LOL
Posted by: billzfan34 on Fri Aug 1st, 2008 10:48 am
After the free agency off season,you'll have a NIMROD.Everyone knows Manny will end up a Yankee.
Posted by: X31 on Fri Aug 1st, 2008 11:48 am
After the free agency off season,you'll have a NIMROD.Everyone knows Manny will end up a Yankee.
:lol:
Posted by: stonemitt on Fri Aug 1st, 2008 4:04 pm
:lol: :lol:
Posted by: billzfan34 on Fri Aug 1st, 2008 4:34 pm
Stone..I had left you a message and an email...we are headed out,you'll have to call the cell if you are going to be in the area(I know it will be a tad bit late,but who knows,you may be a bit more spry tonight)...lol
Posted by: stonemitt on Fri Aug 1st, 2008 5:56 pm
I'll be at the 1st gm tomorrow. Foggy days give me a headache, 4 nighters gave me an ass ache so I'm going to give em 6!! See you then