on Thu Aug 7th, 2008 2:48 pm
Gee LS, this was your first response on this topic in August and it was very disappointing. Did Dr Andrews give you more detail....maybe it's Little Stones Tendinitis ?? A stint on the Mbr.org disabled list might help ya....anyway, you're in our thoughts and prayers.SFB
Posted by: stonemitt on Sun Aug 10th, 2008 5:34 pm
Hey billz, did you happen to watch the yanks-angels on Fox saturday. Early in the game yanks up and Buck says " that my friends is a perfectly executed run and hit"??
Posted by: billzfan34 on Sun Aug 10th, 2008 9:04 pm
LMAO!!...yes, Stone,I did...thought of this exact ongoing thread.Funny you should mention it..lol.
on Sun Aug 10th, 2008 10:05 pm
So the runner took off...the batter had the option to hit behind the runner or take the pitch....the batter hit it and it probably led to a 1st and third situation....and even the great Joe Buck acknowledged it....Joe loves to do both color and play-by-play.I was smiling on Tuesday nite as Varitek (of all people) executed a hit-and-run with Bay on 1st....Remy even called it the pitch before....I actually thought of LS, but I knew he wouldn't be watching (it was past 9 PM)...oh well, sounds like both plays were executed very well.SFB
Posted by: brewhabram on Mon Aug 11th, 2008 9:37 am
Over the weekend in Chicago, Tek hit balls off the fence just missing hr's. I think that he is going to finish the season with ok numbers, but I still think that he is darn good at calling a game and handling a pitching staff. As for him looking into the dugout, he is probable looking for a defensive play or base coverage. I am pretty positive that he calls the game himself.I think that he might get the four year deal that he wants only because the catchers on the farm are just not ready. You will have to give him some more off days though as he is getting older and that will limit his effectiveness behind the plate physically.When he finally calls it a career, I hope that he gets into coaching or managing. He has such a good baseball intellect.
Posted by: stonemitt on Mon Aug 11th, 2008 3:37 pm
scary really to think if his intellect was any higher he'd be hitting at least .250. Hell that gives him 7 and a half outs every 10 at bats but he can't even accomplish that.
Posted by: billzfan34 on Mon Aug 11th, 2008 7:18 pm
Way off topic...but how did haul go Stone?...back hold up ok?
Posted by: stonemitt on Mon Aug 11th, 2008 7:36 pm
biggest catch of the yr so far and out of my 45's-55's=go figure. I think you all brought me luck, be sure to tell the wife that-LOL. 3rd man took care of the back nicely, I was actually so bored I was watching how fast the other boats went======NOT hehehehehehehe. Just so these other people don't confuse you billz, a catcher may or maynot make the suggestion of which finger to put down but the pitcher and only the pitcher calls the game. When I find out what type of defensive play a catcher will call with no one on base I'll relay throw it to you ok!! Then I'm going to baseball reference how 8 fielders can take that sign from a catcher. I may be awhile :roll:
on Sun Aug 17th, 2008 9:37 am
In the last 62 games Tek is 32 for 199...a batting average of .161I sure hope he's doing a great job handling the staff !?!? :shock: