Official Portland Sea Dogs Topic

Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Sun Jun 29th, 2008 3:50 pm
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb ... /audio.jspif anyone wants to catch a game on radio
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Sun Jun 29th, 2008 4:20 pm
Well this game is ****ing over.
Posted by: billzfan34 on Sun Jun 29th, 2008 7:19 pm
Tough one to swallow, eh?
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Sun Jun 29th, 2008 10:12 pm
Sucks to be trailing 3-2 into the ninth and give up 5, most or all with 2 outs.
Posted by: BangorBound on Mon Jun 30th, 2008 9:23 am
Sean, thought you were talking to yourself until billz got in here and broke up the repetitiveness.
Posted by: billzfan34 on Mon Jun 30th, 2008 12:09 pm
Lol..well,I don't believe in letting someone suffer alone.
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Mon Jun 30th, 2008 5:57 pm
Gotta get the topic going somehow, don't I? Just going through the game notes on the PSD page, here's what catches my eye:Tonight it's a 7:05 start for the Sea Dogs in Trenton. The Thunder took 2 of 3 from Portland at Hadlock over the weekend, meaning Portland will not have won a series at home at all in June, despite winning the first game of the 3-game set.Really, the series at Waterfront Park doesn't look too well, either. Matt Goodson was scheduled to start the series finale in Trenton, but he's been placed on the DL today. That makes 4 pitchers on the DL for Portland (Goodson joins Tommy Hottovy, Andrew Dobies, and Dustin Richardson.Probable starters over the next 4 games:Tonight: LHP Dave Gassner (0-3, 6.86) @ RHP Eric Hacker (2-1, 1.97 [what?])LHP Kris Johnson (6-3, 3.32 ERA) @ RHP George Kontos (3-7, 2.37 ERA)RHP Kyle Jackson (4-1, 4.82 ERA) @ TBATBA @ LHP Chase Wright (6-1, 2.59 ERA)Last time Gassner pitched against Trenton was 2003 - 6 games, 1 start, and a mere 1.23 ERA over 14.2 IP. But he's also 0-1. Meh.Michael Bowden will miss the series, unless they decide to move him up to take on Chase Wright on Thursday, due to Goodson's move to the DL. His next start is scheduled for July 4th at Hadlock Field against Reading. Yesterday marked Bowden's first loss at Hadlock since April 21st against New Hampshire.Che-Hsuan Lin (Greenville Drive) played the role of Jesus Christ... 4/5, 6 RBI, including a walkoff 3-run homer to lead the Drive to a 13-12 win over Asheville.Jon van Every hit THREE (3) [TRES] homers against AAA Rochester, in Rochester. Jed(i knight) Lowrie knocked 2 over the wall himself, and Gil Velazquez also hit a homer (his 3rd) as part of a 10-0 win. LOL ROCHESTER.Summary: I don't expect to win this series. 4 games back, we might get Tuesday night, but otherwise... Not very confident.
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Tue Jul 1st, 2008 3:35 pm
As expected... Gassner drops to 0-4, Hacker's ERA is just 1.85 after allowing just 1 run over 7 IP. Unreal.Speaking of unreal pitching, Devern Hansack... Kinda sucks. But he's IL Pitcher of the week. 2-8 record going into the week, then threw 15 total innings over 2 starts, giving up only 2 hits in each start, and striking out 12 combined. One against Richmond, one against Rochester so again I can say... LOL ROCHESTER!Fun facts: Sea Dogs are 136-131 against Yankee affiliates... 48-49 now with yesterday's loss, since the 2 organizations switched affiliations. Portland is also now in 3rd place, a game behind Binghamton (and 5 behind Trenton.)I think we'll get this one tonight, though, and even up the series.Notes from the game recap, on portlandseadogs.com:[i:qczzfl0n]Notes…Zach Daeges extended his hitting streak to 7 straight games…Bubba Bell has reached base safely in 19 straight games…T.J. Large is scoreless in all four Double-A appearances…RHP Matt Goodson was placed on the disabled list before the game. [/i:qczzfl0n]We're due.
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Tue Jul 8th, 2008 1:25 am
OK haven't updated this in a bit.First order of business, pasted directly from the main page:[i:3uhkkw0l]A record six former Sea Dogs were selected to the 2008 Major League Baseball All-Star Game, to be held on July 15, 2008 at Yankee Stadium in New York. Three former Sea Dogs were selected by the fans to start the 2008 All-Star Game; Kevin Youkilis will start at first base for the American League squad, teammate Dustin Pedroia will get the start at second base for the American League and Hanley Ramirez of the Florida Marlins will start at shortstop for the National League team.Other former Sea Dogs selected to participate in the All-Star Game include Red Sox closer Jonathan Papelbon, Padres first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, and Cubs starter Ryan Dempster.[/i:3uhkkw0l]And for AAA:[i:3uhkkw0l]The Pawtucket Red Sox, who lead the North Division with a 55-32 record, will be sending a league-high five players to represent the International League in the Triple-A All-Star Game on July 16th in Louisville, Kentucky. Among the five Pawsox players are two former Sea Dogs Jeff Bailey and Charlie Zink. Joining Bailey and Zink from the Pawsox will be Chris Carter, International League leading hitter Joe Thurston (.324), and Jonathan Van Every.[/i:3uhkkw0l]And finally, the real important news:The Eastern League in conjunction with the New Hampshire Fisher Cats have announced the rosters for the 2008 Eastern League All-Star Game. Three Portland Sea Dogs have been selected to participate in the mid-summer classic; outfielders Bubba Bell and Jeff Corsaletti and pitcher Michael Bowden. The All-Star Game will be played on Wednesday, July 16th at Merchantsauto.com Stadium in Manchester, New Hampshire. Name a franchise with a better farm system. Seriously. IMO Beau Vaughan got snubbed merely because his name alone is All-Star worthy. But I digress.Oh btw the Dogs won today 5-4 over Reading. FORMER UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA AT CHAPEL HILL DIAMOND HEEL DANIEL BARD with the win!