Chris Markwood:

Posted by: njballa35 on Fri Jun 27th, 2014 10:32 pm
Just read on HoopDirt that former Maine assistant and current Vermont assistant Chris Markwood is headed to Northeastern. Sounds like a pretty good move. Here's the link: http://hoopdirt.com/blog/d1014864/northeastern-dirt/
Posted by: mainejeff on Sat Jun 28th, 2014 8:17 am
An increase in salary plus he and Ashley have probably outgrown Burlington. They probably wanted to settle in Beantown after they are married.
Posted by: parquetfloor on Sat Jun 28th, 2014 9:04 am
An increase in salary plus he and Ashley have probably outgrown Burlington. They probably wanted to settle in Beantown after they are married.
You hit the nail on the head. This gets them closer to family and friends. It worked out perfectly for them.This also is going to hurt Vermont quite a bit. They have lost O'Brien and now Markwood, both of whom played major roles with the Catamounts in terms of recruiting, player development and game preparation. Will be interesting to see if they skip a beat.
Posted by: Carl Parker on Mon Jun 30th, 2014 9:15 pm
Congrats to Coach Markwood. He is an excellent coach,recruiter.and evaluator of talent. He is a great addition to Coach Coen's staff.
Posted by: Tom Nolette on Fri Jul 4th, 2014 11:29 am
Huskies' Coen adds Markwood as assistantBy Jack McCluskey..After a journey of more than 200 miles to the southeast, Chris Markwood finds himself at his destination: Northeastern. Huskies coach Bill Coen announced the hiring of Markwood on Thursday, adding a veteran assistant coach with strong New England roots to his menís basketball staff... Read more: http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges ... -assistant
Posted by: Tom Nolette on Sat Jul 18th, 2020 5:31 am

CAA Top Assistants: Northeastern’s Chris Markwood and Hofstra’s Mike Farrelly holding down the top two spots

Posted by: ExpoEddie on Tue Jul 21st, 2020 4:44 pm

This is a very impressive accomplishment.  Chris seems on a trajectory of that Josh Longstaff went thru.  Except, Chris I bet gets a D1 offer in two years.  The few times I heard Chris speak, he always came across as polite, well spoken and very smart.

If you can recruit in VT, look out NE market.  I also would not be surprised that he still has ties at ND just on his persona alone.