Ortiz Who?

Posted by: bballnut on Mon Jun 16th, 2008 11:23 am
OK, is it time to give Tito some love or what?This guy just does everything right, including taking responsibility when he makes a bad decision.However, those are few and far between. You can argue that he has it all to work with but I doubt many managers would make so many correct calls, AND he keeps it real.
Posted by: billzfan34 on Mon Jun 16th, 2008 12:21 pm
I think Tito works great for the Sox...not many complaints from me.
Posted by: photoguy on Mon Jun 16th, 2008 1:23 pm
Delcarmen last 10 games Totals 0.82ERA 11.0inngs 7hits 1run 3walks 9KsJustin MastersonTotals 3 1 2.90era 31.0inngs 18hits 10runs 15walks 27KsMasterson has nothing left to prove in the minor leagues, if the Sox are not going to keep him in the rotation, put him in the pen with Delcarmen and Hanson and problem solved. Hanson innings 4-6Masterson 7 and or 7-8Delcarman 8 and 9th if not a savePaps 9thI personaly see nothing wrong with that lineup, rest okey for a couple of weeks, we know he is too good a pitcher to just give up on, he probably is hurting and just has not said anything yet. A stint on the DL would give them room to add Masterson.That's my 2 worth
Posted by: fishrmn43 on Tue Jun 17th, 2008 7:30 am
Does anyone feel he might have left Timlin in just a tad to long last nite? .2IP.....4H.....4ER....2BB.....0SO Gimme a break
Posted by: photoguy on Wed Jun 18th, 2008 8:21 am
Does anyone feel Timlin has seen his better days and Toto is being just a little too kind??????
Posted by: billzfan34 on Wed Jun 18th, 2008 10:03 am
No doubt that Timlin has seen his better days go by. I'm sure that Francona does feel some sort of loyalty to him and will give him every chance to be a contributing presence. In Mondays game I think Tito knew the game was most likely over with the lineup he had in,and let Timlin take an inning for the pen.If Timlin falters more down the line during crunch time,Francona will find someone else.I agree and have said all along that Masterson deserves to be on the roster,if not a starter,as a set up man.
Posted by: billzfan34 on Wed Jun 18th, 2008 5:42 pm
Casting my vote now for JD Drew as MVP.
Posted by: baseketball on Tue Jun 24th, 2008 9:03 pm
I have been down on Drew all along-not just for his lack of offensive production and numerous injuries last year-but also because I felt the Sox spent too much money on him. While I'm still not thrilled with their financial commitment to him, I will give Drew credit for producing at the plate and easing the pain of the loss of Ortiz. I've always liked Drew in the field and love the defensive outfield of Ellsbury, Crisp, and Drew.Timlin is now on the DL. I've been ready to give up on him a couple times before, but then he's come back and produced. It may be time though, considering all the other guys the Sox have, for Timlin to retire.I agree 100% that Masterson does not need to go back to the minors and I like the idea of him in the pen.Now what do we do about Lugo? He's hitting better this year, but his fielding has been erratic. There's no way Lowrie should stay in the minors the rest of this year and next. I certainly don't want to see Lowrie traded either. I think Lugo should be an expensive backup and pinch runner nest year (unless he can be thrown into a trade with someone else!
Posted by: SeaDogsFan on Fri Jun 27th, 2008 3:12 am
When you score 5 runs, and they all come from Brandon Moss and Kevin Cash, you're really deep as a team.Or, you're playing a team from the NL West.