Shutting Down Strasburg

on Wed Sep 26th, 2012 1:46 pm
[quote="Patsfan07":2er7qhhs]Dumber than signing AFraud to a larger contract than the one he bailed out on ?? ;)
Only 2 active ML ers have hit 350 HR's, 250 steals, 1000 RBI's and 30 triples=can you name them?[/quote:2er7qhhs]AFraud is one....Pujols can't run so he's out....maybe Chipper but I don't think he has 250 steals either....not sure Soriano has 350 hrs....I'll go with Chipper.
Posted by: stonemitt on Wed Sep 26th, 2012 2:28 pm
[quote="stonemitt":1l5fgaqv]Dumber than signing AFraud to a larger contract than the one he bailed out on ?? ;)
Only 2 active ML ers have hit 350 HR's, 250 steals, 1000 RBI's and 30 triples=can you name them?[/quote:1l5fgaqv]AFraud is one....Pujols can't run so he's out....maybe Chipper but I don't think he has 250 steals either....not sure Soriano has 350 hrs....I'll go with Chipper.[/quote:1l5fgaqv]Soriano is the other
on Wed Sep 26th, 2012 5:27 pm
Speaking of Chipper....1st pick in the 1990 draft....can you name the Yankees 1st round pick in 1990 ? He was #10 overall and never played for the Yankees in the majors but did for the Red Sox in 2000 and 2001....actually was an All Star for the Sox in 2000....and I highly doubt he exchanges Christmas cards with the Sox manager !
Posted by: stonemitt on Mon Oct 1st, 2012 4:22 pm
If you had told me also a 3 time "Mr Congeniality" award winner I would not of had to look it up. I didn't know he was drafted by NY, was he traded-refused to sign when drafted?????
on Mon Oct 1st, 2012 9:01 pm
If you had told me also a 3 time "Mr Congeniality" award winner I would not of had to look it up. I didn't know he was drafted by NY, was he traded-refused to sign when drafted?????
He was drafted away from the Yankees by the Marlins in the expansion draft.
on Tue Oct 2nd, 2012 11:10 am
I remember the game Carl got called out on strikes and blew a top at the ump....he head butted him during the argument. Even the Sox players and coaches had a hard time pulling him away....the dude had some serious anger management issues. I'm reminded of Carl when I see Bobby V come out to the mound to remove Aceves....who also has some anger management issues. :o
Posted by: stonemitt on Tue Oct 2nd, 2012 7:03 pm
[quote="stonemitt":11nvurdh]If you had told me also a 3 time "Mr Congeniality" award winner I would not of had to look it up. I didn't know he was drafted by NY, was he traded-refused to sign when drafted?????
He was drafted away from the Yankees by the Marlins in the expansion draft.[/quote:11nvurdh]G;lad to see you're still alive, been traveling the world again? Did you happen to see the 2nd inning lastnight?
Posted by: stonemitt on Tue Oct 2nd, 2012 7:09 pm
I remember the game Carl got called out on strikes and blew a top at the ump....he head butted him during the argument. Even the Sox players and coaches had a hard time pulling him away....the dude had some serious anger management issues. I'm reminded of Carl when I see Bobby V come out to the mound to remove Aceves....who also has some anger management issues. :o
I don 't remember aceves with that attitude on the yanks, then again we seem to keep things more in house. I pick friday for the firing uh, mutual understanding
Posted by: baseketball on Mon Oct 15th, 2012 12:33 pm
Gee it is too bad the Nationals didn't have some hard throwing young pitcher to bring in to get those last three outs in the 9th inning against the Cardinals!!!