Draft winners and losers? Here are my picks ... and the reas

Posted by: MBR on Mon Jun 25th, 2012 7:41 am
Draft winners and losers? Here are my picks ... and the reasons whyAllan Muirby Allan Muir As one colleague is fond of saying, picking winners and losers the day after the draft is a fool's errand.No wonder they keep asking me to do it.It's no easy task, but it's all in fun, right? Most of us understand that it will take years to truly appreciate what happened this weekend in Pittsburgh ... but that hardly does the trick for the instant gratification types out there. The key is to look beyond what makes sense on the surface ("I've heard of this guy, so he must be better than this guy I've never heard of!") and get a feel for the overall value of the haul that each team brought home. After seeking professional help (yep, I rang up a couple of old scouting buddies), I'm ready to take a stab at it. Feel free to print out a copy to attach to your "I told you so" e-mails that you'll send me five years from now.Here, then, are seven teams I thought improved their long or short-term fortunes, and three that didn't do themselves any favors.Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/w ... z1ynvtcLQa