NBA sides return, hope to build on progress

Posted by: MBR on Fri Oct 28th, 2011 6:31 am
NBA sides return, hope to build on progressBy BRIAN MAHONEYNEW YORK ó With a day of progress behind them and the hope of a full 82-game season still ahead, NBA players and owners resumed talks toward ending the lockout Thursday.Small groups from both sides returned to a hotel less than 12 hours after finishing a 15-hour meeting that went until past 3 a.m. Both sides acknowledged there was progress on issues related to the salary cap system, though they didnít offer any specifics.Commissioner David Stern said he expected to continue discussing the system Thursday. And union executive director Billy Hunter said they might be in a better position to quantify the progress on specific issues following those talks.for full storyhttp://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/27/s ... -progress/
Posted by: jimbob on Sun Nov 20th, 2011 1:26 pm
Hear me out...Since both sides cannot agree on monies.. They should simply give the cash in question to a different charity every year the money is available. I recommend the Shriner's Hospital to start. Players and owners are all millionaires and certainly don't need it. So many people would benefit. Most people I know are done with the NBA because of the greed. This may help to get fans back. No more fighting acting like spoiled arses. Help humanity.. They are gross human beings...