NBA talks break down over money, games in jeopardy

Posted by: MBR on Wed Oct 5th, 2011 6:31 am
NBA talks break down over money, games in jeopardyThe Associated Press NEW YORK — The NBA canceled the remainder of the preseason Tuesday and will wipe out the first two weeks of the regular season if there is no labor agreement by Monday.“We were not able to make the progress that we hoped we could make and we were not able to continue the negotiations,” Commissioner David Stern said after nearly fours of talks between owners and players ended without gaining ground on a new deal.No further meetings are scheduled, making it even more likely the league will lose games to a work stoppage for the first time since 1998-99, when the season was reduced to 50 games.for full storyhttp://bangordailynews.com/2011/10/04/s ... -jeopardy/
Posted by: IcallitlikeIseeit on Wed Oct 5th, 2011 12:40 pm
Maybe Jennings or someone can extend the invitation to those NBA barnstorming games that have been going on around the country and bring them to Portland. Now that would be a coveted ticket here in Maine. They'd have to move that one to the CCCC. http://zipka.com/m/imagenews/view/Miami ... rming-GameMaybe the Celtics Big 3 could do the same as the Miami big 3, and OMG, they have a connection to Portland, don't they? New Balance players (if their are any these days ;) ) vs Nike or Addidas. That would pack the CCCC to the rafters!!!!Just checked, they're are no NB players anymore. Let's get on the phone and make this happen!Someone must have a connection. How about Big Baby, he was just in Portland and loved it!
Posted by: LI Vikings on Thu Oct 6th, 2011 9:02 am
While I love the game of basketball I can honestly say I would not miss the NBA one bit. Let the rich kids fight over there money until they cancel the season entirely. Soon thereafter you'll see who knocks on whose door beggin' for a job !Then we'll be back to dreaded NBA game...hopefully with many supporters staying home and watching college hoops. 2nd thought: How can the best athletes and basketball players in the world make the game of basketball so terrible...one would think it would be the polar opposite.