Biddeford having tryouts for U19

on Wed Mar 9th, 2011 10:06 pm
Biddeford is having U 19 tryouts March 21st and March 22ndTryout time is: 6:10 to 7:10 both nightsTryout fee is $30.00JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on Wed Mar 30th, 2011 12:11 am
Just how many showed up for this tryout? Rickett has committed to the PJP. Rutt can't confirm what he is up to. Goulet, Ratsep, Barker gone. Is Fortier and Farrell going to carry PJP? What is happening to Maine girl hockey? Another lost year. I heard the PJP will help market your kid to colleges. I have a bridge in South Carolina for sale. Anyone buying?
Posted by: hockeyman99 on Thu Mar 31st, 2011 10:43 am
Biddeford had a decent turnout at the tryout but will probably have another in the fall to fill out the roster. They are modifying the schedule to better accommadate prep school girls and high school fall sport participation, with a corresponding drop in the fee schedule and adding a couple of showcase tournaments While some girls that were on the team last year have already committed to PJP, others are on the fence. Either way Biddeford, will have a competitive u-19 team, playing a competitive schedule with the goal of returning to Nationals.
Posted by: puckwatcher on Thu Mar 31st, 2011 8:10 pm
Sounds like this will create 2 teams and spread out the talent. That is too bad if that happens. Neither team will make it to Nationals.
on Fri Apr 1st, 2011 8:27 am
Not sure why these girls left a winning program. Did the PJP offer a reduced price to some of the coaching parents?
Posted by: hockeyman99 on Fri Apr 1st, 2011 12:06 pm
Not sure why these girls left a winning program. Did the PJP offer a reduced price to some of the coaching parents?
Grass is greener, some parents wanted more involvement, coached by ex pros etc... Who knows. They will end up paying quite a bit more with PJP, but we wish them well.It does dilute the talent, but maybe it should be about developing skills versus putting together a tournament team of individuals?
on Wed Apr 13th, 2011 4:16 pm
Biddo Coach hung up the skates today. I think this team is a thing of the past..... It is ashame. It will be hard this coming season for in state girls to find competitive hockey.JUST LET THE KIDS PLAY HOCKEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on Wed Apr 13th, 2011 8:20 pm
I hear his daughter is headed out of state to play prep and that last yearz team didnt get along with him. Thatz why there is a pirates team and not a breakers team.